Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: composing

Default composing

Hi I’m new here and hope I’m writing this in the right place, I’m a small time composer from the south of England, I would love to professionally compose for big budget games, but I have to start small and work my way up so I’d like to start composing for homebrew games first, ideally I’d like to start with GBA as that's nice and small, I will work for free and am friendly, I have qualifications in music and music tech and will composes music and sound effects (e.g. jumping), If I do compose for you and you don’t use any of it I won’t be offended all, if any one is interested in using my services or they think they can help me then please reply or send me an email at [email protected], Please don't Hesitate to contact me, I would very much like to work with some homebrewers, thanks for your time

Wow

You could be of major help to a few devs around here.

Also, welcome to Dcemu, have a great stay!.

Thank you, I haven’t had any replies yet, I really would like to work with you guys, what about you Mr.Denny, anything in the pipe line that could do with a little sound? I’d be more than happy to have a project to work away on

I`m afraid i`m not a developer.

However, stick around. This thread has gone under the radar so far but i`d say some people are cryng out for an original music composer. And that`s the thing, DCemu is the best place to start for someone like yourself.

Perhaps you could email the developers of some homebrew games?. Look through the PSP news and try and find some homebrew games that could use a compser. Sending out emails can`t hurt and might land you a quick job as well as getting your name around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Denny
    I`m afraid i`m not a developer.

However, stick around. This thread has gone under the radar so far but i`d say some people are cryng out for an original music composer. And that`s the thing, DCemu is the best place to start for someone like yourself.

Perhaps you could email the developers of some homebrew games?. Look through the PSP news and try and find some homebrew games that could use a compser. Sending out emails can`t hurt and might land you a quick job as well as getting your name around.

Hes right stick around i sure you work will be needed soon

PSN ID: splodger15

Some advice:

Create a portfolio of your qualifications, accomplishments etc.
    Then provide some like to sample music you have composed.

People always like to have some kind of idea of an artist's work before recruiting them.

Cool! You could help some of the homebrew developers with there games!

Thanks for all the advice, I’ll work on some things of versus styles (but keeping to video game structuring and inspiration) and then host them, thanks again

well i could use your help, i was, and still am trying to create the soundtrack to a clone of Resident Evil 2 for the psp which Jman420, Hardhat, and some other people are currently producing for the PSP.

it must all be original music, and must comply to the resident evil "feel" and atmosphere.
    the project is stickied in the psp dev forum. or you can just follow the link in my signature for the thread
    - i have only done one complete track, and am currently trying to finish two other work in progress, one of which is in the thread. - im asking for help as i have recently escaped from a very testing stress inducing personal situation and have also started my fine art degree, so am extremly busy.

reply in the project thread please, i hope you can help

You can probably help with this game PSmonkey is organizing. Check this link for more info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information