Thread: A puddle of Trouble

Default A puddle of Trouble

Ok guys,

Im fed up with these issues

1) Having to reload a page 10 times before it will work but just displaying a line of code after the dcemu logo either saying <-- log out or something like that

2) downloads stop half way. This is really hard on dialup users which they spend half an hour downloading something then find the download has corrupted (Some people cant get broadband in their area)

3) Just was pointed out by Mark30001 that the admin warning messages were displayed on the latest topic bar... which then makes it unethically unfair on some people..

These are important issues, I don't like having to travel to other sites to get a download which then works fine at a higher speed...

Please comment on these issues folks! It would be really appreciated

I agree wally I have spent 5 times downloading somthing before. but still dcemu.co.uk is definatley my favorite.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

1) Having to reload a page 10 times before it will work but just displaying a line of code after the dcemu logo either saying <-- log out or something like that
    i don't know what that means..

2) downloads stop half way. This is really hard on dialup users which they spend half an hour downloading something then find the download has corrupted (Some people cant get broadband in their area)
    there is nothing we can do about that, but i would recommend that you get a download manager, if you get cut off you can resume from the point it stoped downloading.

3) Just was pointed out by Mark30001 that the admin warning messages were displayed on the latest topic bar... which then makes it unethically unfair on some people..
    yeah we would rather that did not happen but at the moment there is no way round it. but i would say that warnings are made public anyway (you can see that a post has been warned) and we do want to show that there are consequences for breaking the rules

1) This is what i mean (soz if its so large but yeah suffer! :P)

Basically i have to refresh the screen about 5 times before i get any of the website..

This never happened in the past

DCEmu Rookie

yeah its real annoying to keep having to reloading the page

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

never happened to me, maybe it's your computer or internet connection going out?

No, happens to me sometimes to...

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

we made a few changes last night, topic from the private forums don't show on the front page, we where using rss-to-javascript to show recent topics (that was slowing down ther loading of the news pages) that has be replaced.

also we have reduced the amount of forums in the index so should help with loading.

Thread Information