Thread: New to homebrew, planning to purchase these things. Advice?

Default New to homebrew, planning to purchase these things. Advice?

I have a DSLite, which id like to mod. After reading through many websites and reviews, ive decided on:

- Passcard 3 or Superkey

- Supercard Lite

Because this combination requires no altering/flashing of the DS itself. Right?

I want to use the DS to watch videos, play music, look at pics, and run various homebew apps (with touchscreen support), including some emulators. I am not interested in running backup NDS games.

Im a little unclear on the connection between the hardware and the homebrew software loaded on it - its my understanding that most media formats (ie .mpeg, .mp3, .mov etc) need to be converted to a different format before they will play on the DS; whilst id prefer not to if possible, i really dont mind.

Which of the Superkey or Passcard 3 do you recommend? What about the Supercard Lite? Im going to pick up an SD card as well, is it suited to what i want to use it for? Or is CF more applicable?

Thanks alot

Yes every normal file needs converting EXCEPT you can play .mp3 music, and i'd recommend doing so, the ds music format is quite fuzzy.

Anyways thats a great choice, you cant go wrong with Passcard 3 or Superkey, and you can't go wrong with Supercard Lite or M3 Lite.

I'd say just go with Lite, the differences are minute if atall and if you have a DS Lite it obviously looks cosmetically better, be prepared to spend a bit on a MicroSD though, go with Sandisk.

And yes, no flashing.

Exactly the kind of reply i was looking for

thanks alot

No problem, i know how complicated it is to understand everything on your own at first, if it wasn't for this place i'd still be wondering around aimlessly not knowing what to buy

Thread Information