Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Lik-Sang.com Out of Business due to Multiple Sony Lawsuits!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

no, they did not/ could not defend themself so the court ruled in sonys favour. Lik-sang are not a big business that can fund many different on going court cases in a different continent from which they are based.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by compoman386
    In the uk, the price currently listed for a ps3 in most shops is five hundred pounds, that equates to around one thousand US dollars. I for one will not be spending such a ridiculous amount on a console, from any company, and I know a **** load of ps2 and psp users who agree. I really don't think that this time sony will be able to get away with their "we can do what we like, you will still swallow our $#@!"- type attitude.

They will fail as a company and they only have themselves to blame
    That is exactly WHY Sony took Lik-Sang to court. Why buy a PS3 from a UK shop at the equivalent of 1000 USD when you can buy it from Lik-Sang for 600 USD?

-Edit- I did some research. 500 GBP = 945.602 USD, courtesy of www.xe.com

I knew there was some ulterior motive behind it, not 'protecting the consumer'.

Synthesis you have this extremely deluded view of how things work in law. For starters, lawyers need to be hired to begin correspondence with the courts on the entities behalf. The cost of getting a lawyer to write one letter in the US is close to 500 USD, for any case. Fighting a simple traffic ticket with a lawyer will cost anyone in the US at least 1500 dollars.

Now, factor in that Lik-Sang would have had to hire multiple lawyers, writing multiple letters. By US standards this would be well in upwards of 2000-3000 dollars just for this. Then, flying the lawyers to Europe to take the case, the time they'd spend in court, etc. At the end of the day, Lik-Sang would have 10 to 20 thousand just to get the ball rolling.

If they should lose in court, after already spending all of that money, they'd have to spend more money.

Its like playing poker. When someone bets you 100,000 and you can't raise, you fold. In the same vein that said poker player forced your fold, Sony forced the folding of Lik-Sang. Sony bet, and Lik-Sang couldn't raise.

And after all of this, I have more respect for Lik-Sang, rather than get themselves into a position where they couldn't deliver to their consumers because of huge loss of funds, they'd rather just fold under the pressures of tyrant Sony and give the money they do have back to their customers and leave their customers happy at the end of the day, rather than letting them get shafted out of PSPs, PS3s AND their money.

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark
    Now, factor in that Lik-Sang would have had to hire multiple lawyers, writing multiple letters. By US standards this would be well in upwards of 2000-3000 dollars just for this. Then, flying the lawyers to Europe to take the case, the time they'd spend in court, etc. At the end of the day, Lik-Sang would have 10 to 20 thousand just to get the ball rolling.
    Well, if Lik-Sang is the super popular online store everyones making it out to be they could of easily afforded that.

DCEmu Legend

They are 'super popular' here because they have countless times donated goods and time towards PSP Homebrew Competitions.

And if you cared to read the rest of my post, if Lik-Sang should have lost the case after all that effort, it would have put them in a situation where they would:

1)Be forced to pay Sony the money
    2)Not be able to deliver PSPs and PS3s to consumers who paid in full or in part for them
    3)Not be able to refund customer's funds, in the event that they would need to shut down

As I said, they would rather save face and be the company that takes care of their customers and fold rather than make their customers angry with them when they are forced to shut down after the injuctions of the law against them, and CAN'T possibly refund the customer's money.

If what companion386 says is true, then you can spend the 950 USD on a PS3 and get ****ed in the ass by Sony. With Lik-Sang you'd have only paid 600 USD. Have a nice day!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information