Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a Good Day for Gamers and also DCEmu

Blog Entries

Home/News Not a Good Day for Gamers and also DCEmu

In a world that is now smaller than ever thanks to the internet and the millions upon millions it is disgraceful that a company can force the people of Europe to not buy their product from overseas if we want to buy it.

Sony are idiots, plain and simple, when import gamers buy consoles it creates a fanbase in countrys who cant have that console for whatever reason and then that builds up into quite a momentum.

Sony were not losing money they were getting people buying their consoles, does it really bloody matter where the consoles are brought from ?

Yep they are full of $#@!, you dont see Nintendo or Microsoft pulling that type of crap, will this affect sales of Sony stuff, i dunno but people will think much harder about it i would think. the arrogance of Sony over the PS3 hopefully will give them the kick up the arse they so need.

Losing Lik Sang is a major blow to the homebrew scene as they sponsored many a competition and they were especially good to DCEmu for many years which saddens me more.

But the fall of Lik Sang causes problems for our Dream Coding Grand Prix 2006 as the prize they sponsored will now not exist that and problems with paypal are going to force me to do some thinking over the competition.

Newsposting will commence the moment i catch up on work following the Lik Sang announcement.

Well.. Sony are now trying to DENY it .

I posted this up in the submit news forum too - -

In a statement issued to GamesIndustry.biz, Sony has denied any responsibility for the closure of Lik-Sang - accusing the online retailer of "sour grapes".

The statement begins by observing that Sony Computer Entertainment has successfully sued Pacific Game Technology, which uses Lik-Sang as one of its trading names, for infringing intellectual property rights.

"Lik-Sang did not contest this case (i.e. they did not turn up and therefore incurred no legal costs). We have been awarded substantial costs against Lik-Sang which have not been paid," the statement claims.

"We would therefore strongly deny that our actions have had anything to do with this website closing (we assume the legal entity is still trading), and would suggest that this release is sour grapes on behalf of Lik-Sang which is aimed to belittle Sony Computer Entertainment and the British judicial system that found against them."

Earlier today, Lik-Sang announced it was going out of business, citing a series of lawsuits filed by Sony as the reason for the closure. The retailer also alleged that several SCE executives purchased import PSP hardware and software on its website.

Sony responded, "The purchasing of PSP consoles by SCE employees would be for investigatory purposes. We would also like to express our surprise at a company releasing personal information about its consumers, as this is contrary to data protection principles around the world."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=20564

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Sony are idiots
    Very true

PSN ID: splodger15

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Like i said in another post i feel thisis the thin end o a large $ONY shaped wedge and think its the start of something more sinister.

its sad. they are going broke plain and simple over the damn piece of crap PS3 and the beautiful psp

This shows how desperate they are fo rmoney as to not only think ahead of themselves, but not making any sense to kill off one of thier major retailers. sony still makes money of off link sang when they buy products from sony, then resell the.. that is perfectly legal as long as Link sang didnt put thier own liceenses or change the product in anyway.

F**K you sony and the dead horses you road in on

Sony are morons

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Sony are idiots
    Amen Brother! Amen!
    -Xiofire

DCEmu Pro

It figures they deny responsibility. Didnīt they deny the rootkit at first?

what exactly was the RootKit?

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

yeah wragg, you're totally right but what can we do?..
    I mean.. sony are totally idiot and they don't want jap console in other country and we can only sit here and look to their fool plans..
    sadly the people that buy the games (I mean me and you and every single person that love videogame) can't make decision for a gigant multinational like sony..in other words..we can only wait to buy their new release...yeah wragg.. it's a sad day for us

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information