Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worldwide Dislike of Sony at This Time

Quote Originally Posted by yakumo
    In an older post I said Sony has turned into a Microsoft of electronics. It is worse than that, it has turned an attorney & affairs company...

Um i would not say that! Microsoft may look a bit strange with their actions some times, but theses guys know what they do, and they do it great! No allways best, but great! Im mean hell, when this technician guy walked up to moore to show him, what the homebrew scene came up with, and showed him xbox media center....

Sony wouldve been like: Lets sue them.

But Moore was like: Ok, let's se, WHAT can we learn of this? What can we use?

When i heard that news i knew i was right owning a n xbox and an xbox360!

Remember... Microsoft and Nintendo sued Lik Sang in the past also. But what happened after that, basically, was it turned Lik Sang into a greater company.

In 2002, the company was sued by major game console producers, such as Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, etc., alleging copyright infringement due to mod chips, and other devices being used with their console; injunctions were granted preventing the sale of these devices.[2] After these suits, Lik Sang began expanding its area of expertise by reinventing itself (under a new owner) as a vendor of legitimate, but obscure, accessories, such as consumer electronics, games, merchandise, and t-shirts. Currently, they do not sell modchips, nor flash cartridges.

In August of 2005, the company was once again in legal trouble, this time from Sony. Lik Sang had sold imported PSPs to UK customers before the UK release date, which they alleged was a breach of their trademark rights.[3] Lik Sang continued shipping PSPs, citing Hong Kong's laws which it claims an item can be traded freely once it appears in a market anywhere in the world

Still, and Im not saying this because I am itching to get at it, but the scene's best means of any kind of voice here is AC's PS1 emu. That is how we strip money away from the *******s. If they can take away peoples right to buy imported items... they we take their right to make us buy PS1 games all over again.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

I can understand the gaming companies cracking up over mod chips but even so they shouldnt be illegal, but what i cannot understand is why sony is so against importing consoles etc...

#1 its none of their business what people buy from overseas, even if they do produce them.

#2 they cannot stop this by shutting down Lik Sang, they would have to sue eBay, and almost every person that had thought about importing because they are too much of a pack of tightasses to produce enough stock for the world.

What do we get here for waiting in australia?

An increased price tag and bugger all accessories.

Screw You Sony. I will never be buying another product from you again.

What would really annoy sony would be the new release of AC Ps one emulator

and the new release of devhook

PSN ID: splodger15

Christ. None of you realise that a petition is going to absolutely jack -****ing- $#@!. Casual gamers don't give a flying **** about the closing of Lik-Sang, and they'll buy the PS3 anyway.

Besides, Lik-Sang was breaking distribution laws, and Sony just happened to be the one to shut them down for it.

DCEmu Rookie

Default ?

We all are sad by the so called "actions' by Sony....But what if the PS3 bring out some realy amazing games...Would you still not by a PS3?...

meh, sony are just facists, lmao but the psp is good though

Quote Originally Posted by zidanerick
    #1 its none of their business what people buy from overseas, even if they do produce them.
    WRONG WRONG WRONG. **** you are wrong. Sony has the distribution rights of their own product, you idiot. They get to choose who can buy their system, and who can sell it because IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO.

DCEmu Rookie

Enough of this! I was thinking of getting a wii or ps3 but in favor of a wii but I now will buy a wii for sure.

PS I live in Hawaii this affects us alot that we can't buy import games because there are only two stores that import on the island but sure there are other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable
    Christ. None of you realise that a petition is going to absolutely jack -****ing- $#@!.

We actually have worked that out before that it wouldnt work so just stfu

PSN ID: splodger15

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information