Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worldwide Dislike of Sony at This Time

I hate to say it, but could we see another downfall of the video game market, like the one in the eighties? I mean, there are alot of unhappy 360 people out there, I am one. We are talking about not buying PS3, or anything $ony. So now what, nintendo only? I like nintendo, but I have never been happy with the hardware since the super nintendo left. I wonder if Sega's mouth is starting to water? The sad thing is,I like $ony products. But they are in a world of hurt if they keep stepping on everyone.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis
    If someone in the UK got a Japanese PS3 they wouldn't be able to play Blu-Ray movies, thus having to import movies.
    that only means that movie region protection is BS as well

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    not convinced, the amount of imports would be tiny in real sales terms, and would not really effect blue ray sales in the long term. Over all this has been bad for sony as it bad PR

Another theory is that the ps3 will not sell out as badly in the US and Japan if you reduce the potential customers, there fore deducing the "sony fails to deliver" bad pr. With such small numbers of ps3 available for the launch and 2006, cutting off egger European customers would help.
    Well, its all hypothetical. Sony obviously thought that it would make a difference. Sony didn't do this just to be arseholes and piss of the gaming community so there has to be a proper reason.

What about the online? Mabye Sony hasn't fully setup its European servers and stopping the Europeans from getting PS3 would stop the whole "waah our online doesn't work i want a new PS3" then Sony having to tell them they can't have a new PS3 because the online isn't setup and that they don't have a warantee for a new one because its imported.

Quote Originally Posted by cawley1
    If we do a straw poll on this forum in 3 years I bet most of you will have a PS3, including me!
    Face it guys, as much as we might not like it, Sony will odds-on be #1 this time around again.
    You might be right about many on this forum (not casual gamers) having a PS3 next year, but if Sony are number one next year, they will have beaten the odds. Things weren't looking that good for them even before this happened.

Me, I don't care about this issue, though I find it interesting that Sony is insisting they have nothing to do with the closing of Lik Sang. Kinda seems like they're scared, no?

I'll buy anything from Sony I think is good and affordable. Hell, maybe I'll have a PS3 in a year. I doubt it, though, and it's nothing to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by moogster66
    I wonder if Sega's mouth is starting to water?
    interesting point you make. IF SEGA WERE TO MAKE ANOTHER CONSOLE (they dont seem to have it in the works) I would like to see nintendo and sega work closer together though instead. Heh, just imagine hearing that 15 years ago, everyone would have had an aneurysm.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Synthesis:

but that has always been the case with imports from the very start, the psp and ps3 are not the first consoles to be imported. importers know the risks, and its there choice. Sony ( well really the UK court ) has taken that choice way from them.

Yes of course sony have reasons, but to mean they reasons are not good enough for the amount of bad PR / backlash they are getting, it just (another) bad business mistake.

i'm not planning to get a ps3, to be honest it does not impress me, but I'm biased against sony (when it comes to what i buy, i try to give an objective option on them)

Market analysts predict that sony will not enjoy the same dominance they did with the ps1/2, but they will be the over all leader, only time will tell

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve-b
    I dont think boycotting is the answer.
    Consider this: Sony lose money on hardware sales thinking they can make it back in software sales.

So, go buy your sony hardware. just buy second hand games or rent them. That way sony lose out and you don't have to miss out on games you want to play.
    Or, don't buy them at ALL, they'll lose more money.

They'll have unsold consoles, making all they spent making it lost.

*signs*

NINTENDO AND MICROSOFT FOREVER!

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    Synthesis:

but that has always been the case with imports from the very start, the psp and ps3 are not the first consoles to be imported. importers know the risks, and its there choice. Sony ( well really the UK court ) has taken that choice way from them.

Yes of course sony have reasons, but to mean they reasons are not good enough for the amount of bad PR / backlash they are getting, it just (another) bad business mistake.

i'm not planning to get a ps3, to be honest it does not impress me, but I'm biased against sony (when it comes to what i buy, i try to give an objective option on them)

Market analysts predict that sony will not enjoy the same dominance they did with the ps1/2, but they will be the over all leader, only time will tell
    Its obvious a lot of gamers loved Lik-Sang, but they still broke the law. Its petty to say the least, but if Sony don't stop these sorts of things investors can and will sue. I never ordered from Lik-Sang myself but they seemed like a decent company.

To be honest, I'm just glad you're not another one of the trolling idiots who flame Sony without second thought. All this boycotting stuff is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable
    Christ. None of you realise that a petition is going to absolutely jack -****ing- $#@!. Casual gamers don't give a flying **** about the closing of Lik-Sang, and they'll buy the PS3 anyway.

Besides, Lik-Sang was breaking distribution laws, and Sony just happened to be the one to shut them down for it.

Quoted by VEGETABLE
    Originally Posted by zidanerick
    #1 its none of their business what people buy from overseas, even if they do produce them.
    ( I SUPPORT THIS STATEMENT SOO MUCH)

WRONG WRONG WRONG. **** you are wrong. Sony has the distribution rights of their own product, you idiot. They get to choose who can buy their system, and who can sell it because IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO.
    YOU ARE SOMEONE FROM SONY! VEGETABLE YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE! go and f**k them if you want to, no one shud support sony that much to try and make everything they do seem justified CAUSE IT F**KING ISNT!

DOWN WITH SONY, UP WITH HOMBREW!

liksang you will be dearly missed ='(

i was seriously considering buying the ps3 because of FF13 BUT NOW THEY CAN JUST F**K OFF!

Xbox360 here i come!

and if sony dont want imports then they shud release the console everywhere not in effing japan then 3month later usa then another 3month later in europe.

SONY YOU SUX SOO MUCH!

sony are so selfish . theres nothing wrong with lik-sang i brought my first psp from their. There stillgetting money arent they?!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information