Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The Worldwide Dislike of Sony at This Time

Quote Originally Posted by I heart Nintendo
    NOT buying hardware would hurt Sony! If people buy it, they're still making "some" money
    Generally thats not true, but with the gianormous (yes i know that isnt a word) of hte ps3 i wouldnt doubt that they are making somthing.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

they are selling ps3s at a loss

DCEmu Newbie

Actually if less than a few million units are sold worldwide, a majority of the games development companies and publishers will not even entertain developing for the system. I really hope that happens as then there will be absolutely no point in buying one as noone is making games for it.

That would mean all that money spent on developing the console (must be in the £billions) the advertising (again must be in £billions) plus the repecursions of selling big companies exploding batteries, and the psp not being as successful as anmticipated, that might all just stack up and collapse sony.

That really would make me very happy.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by goldenmage
    Boycotting Sony? What message are you trying to get across to them? "Don't be greedy"? I don't think Sony will stop being greedy with a simple boycott or petition. My creed? Buy their products if you like the products, if you don't like the products, then don't. Simple as that. Ethics is something that cannot exist in big-business. And this is true of Sony, MS, and Nintendo.
    And why can ethics not exist in big business? It is this line of thinking that will permit these megacorps to rise higher and higher, unchecked until we are totally bereft of free rights from their tyrannical grip. And governments only seem to comply with this crap.

A boycott of all Sony goods, by a large percentage of the population would do more than enough damage to Sony. They would have to resort to closing entire markets that they hold, mass firings, etc. When they get reduced to mid-size business status and have incurred losses in the billions of the dollars, they will realize that they need to change their ways.

What's funny is that when these businesses start out, its all about the customer and delivering a product that works and lasts forever. And as time goes on and many money bloated wallets later, this care and dedication to the consumer, which is the SOLE entity that got said business where they are, is thrown to the wayside.

The longer we allow businesses to trample over us, the more and more we'll be forced to listen to them in the future.

Now its 'don't import' and 'buy PS1 games to play' and 'don't buy preowned games'. What does the future hold for us if we allow Sony to continue on this path? They believe that discs will be out by the time of PS4, so what does that mean for us? Are they going to put Gamestop out of business because they won't need game stores anymore?

Why should any sane human being just accept this $#@! and stand idly and let it continue. And be so ignorant as to say we can do NOTHING about it?

And with that I close with this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

WHY ARE CONSOLE AND GAME RELEASE DATE SO FAR APART FOR DIFFERNT REGIONS!!!!!????!??!?!?!?!
    we should hav got psp same day as the japs or americans, we europeans are sick of being last for games and consoles.

books and stuff manage to come out on the same damn date >=(

DCEmu Newbie

PS3 sucks hard Wii

Cool I dunno

I kind of like the ps3, at first the shock of the raw price, offended me. But as time passed and i became more openminded of all the features it will have. my opinion has changed. Sure sony is the devil. But if they continue to keep there third party devs. How could one really pass it up ? it would seem the ps3 will rule this next gen aswell

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information