Thread: MagFest 5 2007

Dreamcast MagFest 5 2007

The DC Evolution network will be representing the Dreamcast community once again, holding the first 2007 stop of the DreamCon at MagFest 5. We will be holding multiple Dreamcast-related tournaments, giving away some decent prizes, and offering lots of other great stuff for people that are interested.

Does anyone here want to attend? I will be registering 3 people myself, but if we can get a total of 8 definite attendees (which means I need 5 more), then we can get a group discount.

For those of you that don't know, MagFest is a weekend-long music and gaming festival for the mid-atlantic region of the U.S. This year, it is being held in Vienna, VA.

MagFest is basically just a huge video game orgy. All weekend long (literally, from the time it starts on Friday through the time they close up shop on Sunday - 24 hours a day) people just hang out and play video games, listen to the bands playing live in the concert area, watch video game-related movies, TV shows, etc. and do other video game-related activities. There are a slew of arcade machines set up for free play, along with a whole bunch of televisions with all different styles of console hooked up to them.

Please let me know if you're interested in attending the MagFest. If I can get enough interest in the next week or so (like three or four more people), I may go ahead and buy the 8 tickets I need to buy in order to get the group discount.

Also, any coders or contributors that may be interested in helping out with organizing the DreamCon portion of the festival should contact me ASAP, as I will (if you don't have it already) grant you access to the planning portion of our forums.

Oops. I realized that I forgot to include a link to MagFest.
    http://magfest.org/
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

I would love to help, but its a long drive from N.Ireland, but if there is anything that i can do or dcnews.co.uk can do, just ask.

Yeah. I didn't expect that anyone from outside the US would be coming, but I thought this would still be a good place to post.

Thanks for the offer.
    The DreamZone Forums

Okie dokie - I just wanted to let you guys know that we are up to a total of 6 people so far. I've got my 3, plus a friend of mine. Then, Quzar and one of his friends are planning on attending.

That means we only need two more people to say they're coming, and we'll be able to get a group discount on the tickets.

I'll probably go ahead and reserve a block of tickets within the next week or two, and then just ask anyone interested in coming to either pay me back through PayPal, or on the day we meet at MagFest. You'll probably also have to contact the MagFest organizers and give them your personal info, so they can make badges up for you, but I'll have more info once I reserve the block of registrations.
    The DreamZone Forums

Thread Information