Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lik-Sang responds to Sony's "sour grapes" jibe

Blog Entries

General games Lik-Sang responds to Sony's "sour grapes" jibe

Via Gamesindustry

Lik-Sang has continued its war of words with Sony over lawsuits which the Hong Kong retailer cites as responsible for its closure, arguing that a number of the PlayStation company's statements in court and since have been misleading or contradictory.

Marketing manager Pascal Clarysse, who has since left Lik-Sang, said in a statement to GamesIndustry.biz that the retailer "spent over a year to vigorously contest the UK court's jurisdiction", despite Sony's claim earlier this week that the retailer made no representations.

He also disputes Sony's claim that employees who allegedly purchased import PlayStation Portable consoles from Lik-Sang as early as December 2004 were doing so for "investigatory purposes", as Sony argued on Tuesday.

"Oddly enough, all investigatory orders that were revealed by Sony to the High Court in London and to the High Court in Hong Kong started much later than the purchases placed by [Sony employees]," Clarysse says.

"Further to this, Sony Europe's own Legal and Business Affairs Manager signed a witness statement in the High Court of London that says that Sony Europe 'became aware' of parallel imported PSP consoles in the UK and in the rest of Europe only in March 2005, and the same witness statement presents a trainee solicitor from Sony's lawyers as the one placing such investigatory orders during May 2005."

With Lik-Sang now out of business, the situation looks bleak for other importers of foreign hardware, but, says Clarysse, it is the human cost that's being felt most now that the dust is settling on this episode. "Unfortunately for Lik-Sang, the current situation is neither a joke, nor a game: A bunch of people, including two highly pregnant women, have lost their basis for existence because of corporate lawsuits for something that is not only regarded as lawful in Hong Kong, it is considered to be beneficial for consumers (free trade)."

Sony declined to comment on Lik-Sang's statement.

Id love the UK Government to step in and stick up for the public and give us our free rights to buy from anywhere in the world.

Damn Sony

$ony is full of bologna, the ps what? pshh

I hear ya Wraggster!! Sony are just throwing their weight around. I guess because Microsoft and Nintendo be kicking they asses right now, they thought they'd take it out on Lik-Sang. *lol*

I just love how bitchy Lik-Sang are being about it. *lol* And why not! Nothing to lose huh!!

I hope Lik-Sang find a way to (somehow) make it back into business - 'cos that is a shame.

Click to read my take on the whole Lik-Sang & Sony deal

Sony can get screwed. Everyone should have the right to import a PSP if they want to and not have the big bad company say you can't.

How can you be "Highly Pregnant"?

DCEmu Regular

I wish I knew how to get a transcript of the court hearings. I still don't understand how Sony could claim financial damages from Lik-Sang. Given enough time to read through the hearings, I bet these forums would find enough material to argue over for the next three months.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tron_Fan
    How can you be "Highly Pregnant"?

The same way that you can be "a little pregnant". Most likely, they meant that these women were very close to the point of giving birth. You know, the point when any merciful boss would give them a few weeks of maternity leave.

And once again I say Piss off sony..
    your greedy, arrogant and downright power hungry..

All that is goign to happen is you will start loosing a fan base... the ps3 will be a piece of garbage... recalls will go out and there is sony out more billions of dollars.
    Seriously, I think sony is heading for a huge brick wall int he next 5-10 years

PS3 User

I loved how they included the story of the "highly pregnant" women. Blatent attempt to gain sympathy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information