Thread: DPG viewer for computer?

Default DPG viewer for computer?

Okay, im not sure if this has been asked yet but is there a DPG viewer for the computer or a codec for WMP or any other program so i can view my videos on a slightly bigger screen (or at least be able to resize it so it's bigger )

Thanks

I'm 90% that theres not, anyway you wouldnt want to stretch a DPG to full screen because the resolution of the video is 256x192 max, it would look horrible if it was stretched...

well i dont mind viewing it only 2x bigger its just i dont want to store both a .avi and a .dpg on my computer at the same time considering they are both essentially the same thing, just one is slightly smaller and poorer quality.
    And ive tried to find an emulator to use Moonshell with but everytime i try to load it it just comes up with a blank screen.

Thanks though

trust me, you do want both avi and dpg on your pc, dpg is poor, it would be awful to watch on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by chemical View Post
    trust me, you do want both avi and dpg on your pc, dpg is poor, it would be awful to watch on pc.
    Maybe so, but I bet some people would like to test the video before putting it on their GBA flash card. I myself have put what I thought were perfect conversions onto my MMD, but I have often found that somewhere in the video that the visual stops with the sound still playing. And that is really annoying. So I think having a DPG codec would be a good idea.

It still wouldnt work for DPG playback because a PC is more powerful than a DS, that is if you want to see if it lags out (theres a sticky of good DPG settings btw)

so there's no dpg viewer for pc? because I would like one too

DCEmu Newbie

there is a dpg viewer for PC. it is included in the moonshell download, in the dpgtools13 folder, called dpgshow.exe

Look into "DPGPlay" for a DPG player for the computer. Useful for testing purposes, but not too much else. Also I believe it only works on DPG1 and DPG2, not DPG3 or the very latest version.

DCEmu Newbie

Why would you like to play DPG on PC.I don't like it even on DS!It is so pixelated.
    DS is meant for playing games not watching movies.

Thread Information