Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Sony holding back on PSP demos?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Line View Post
    The little game called gta vcs might need 2.81 or 2.82 so thats good by to homebrew for a long time
    and the ds has got good games now time for me to go buy new super
    mario bros

A eloader for 2.80 would be great
    i own 2 psp so if i need to update for gta no big deal and yes it is 2.81 but from what ive read it works just fine with devhook just like all the other games but that lame ass hunting game so its all good and buy mario every herd of a flash cart ?m3 rules the ds

DCEmu Legend

PSP demos have never really peaked my interest. I enjoyed the Killzone demo & also the Halloween Loco Roco but these quick, single game demos are to few and far between to really matter.

What works is demo discs with multiple playable games, game previews, interviews, etc. like the XBOX Demo's that come with every official XBOX magazine.

There should be regular UMD demo's released with several games on the UMD. This included with the official Playstation magazine would be an effective marketing platform similar to the XBOX magazine.

The fact that SONY does not yet have a iTunes like download service tailored to the PSP with free demos and such now and then shows a real lack of product enthusiasm. If SONY isn't motivated about their PSP, how can consumers be.

The PSP was touted as the next best thing when it comes to handheld gaming but sadly I think the DS Lite is showing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    PSP demos have never really peaked my interest. I enjoyed the Killzone demo & also the Halloween Loco Roco but these quick, single game demos are to few and far between to really matter.

What works is demo discs with multiple playable games, game previews, interviews, etc. like the XBOX Demo's that come with every official XBOX magazine.

There should be regular UMD demo's released with several games on the UMD. This included with the official Playstation magazine would be an effective marketing platform similar to the XBOX magazine.

The fact that SONY does not yet have a iTunes like download service tailored to the PSP with free demos and such now and then shows a real lack of product enthusiasm. If SONY isn't motivated about their PSP, how can consumers be.

The PSP was touted as the next best thing when it comes to handheld gaming but sadly I think the DS Lite is showing it up.
    I have the loco roco halloween demo but where did you get that killzone demo can you put it on your mem stick or is it a umd demo

Which FF Character Are You?

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Line View Post
    I have the loco roco halloween demo but where did you get that killzone demo can you put it on your mem stick or is it a umd demo
    I got the Killzone demo in Septembers issue of Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine. It comes on a UMD but I ripped the UMD to a very small .CSO file (21MB) and played it off my memory stick with DevHook. It was a good little demo with WORKING multiplayer also.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    I got the Killzone demo in Septembers issue of Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine. It comes on a UMD but I ripped the UMD to a very small .CSO file (21MB) and played it off my memory stick with DevHook. It was a good little demo with WORKING multiplayer also.
    I was hopeing it was not a umd but theres no devhook for me iam 2.80 there are only 12 demos you can run off your mem stick is that right

Which FF Character Are You?

i dont know wat the **** sony are playing at right now, they used to be a highly respectable company now they are just a laughing stock at every angle.

its like when tom cruise started jumping on oprah's couch and saying he wanted to eat his babie's umbilical cord, all of a sudden everyone thinks he's a $#@! hu is either mad or having a laugh.

cant help wondering the same bout sony.

The PSP's games could make big bucks if demos were released. There's a lot of games I would've bought if I'd known what the game was going to be like, but I don't want to buy any disappointing "mystery boxes" like I did with Field Commander and Legend of Heroes.
    Sony's stingy with the demos. They only released the Killzone Liberation demo via a UMD that had to come with a special subscription or something...

doesnt matter to me, i dont even play demos of any game, rather play the full versions or not lol

Quote Originally Posted by doverkiller View Post
    Sony wants nothing but money..
    if you didn't recognize so far..
    exactly

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    I don't want to buy any disappointing "mystery boxes" like I did with Field Commander and Legend of Heroes.
    Sony's stingy with the demos. They only released the Killzone Liberation demo via a UMD that had to come with a special subscription or something...
    I am pretty satisfied with Field Commander. I think its one of the better PSP games. Anyway, the Magazine with the UMD could have been bought at any bookstore like Barnes & Noble. Thats where I got my copy. Although, not surprisingly, a lot of the copies had their bags ripped open and the UMD demo was missing in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Zero View Post
    doesnt matter to me, i dont even play demos of any game, rather play the full versions or not lol
    Yup, thats pretty much how I feel. I think more FULL games should have more downloadable content. But again, theres no money in that. Why continue to please consumers AFTER the game has already been bought?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information