Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: read downloaded save files from cd???

DCEmu Newbie

Default read downloaded save files from cd???

Does anyone know if it is possible to read downloaded save game files off a cd and load them to your vmu? I dont have any cables to connect to my computer so this would be great.

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: read downloaded save files from cd???

yes it is. Thanks to the wonderous bluecrab. http://ljsdcdev.sunsite.dk/dl.php About halfway down that page, in the utilities section is VMU copy. The readme tells you how to load them.

DCEmu Newbie

Would it be possible (although I guess I'm not the first one who thinks this way) to include a HTML document in the same CD with links to these files?

Theorically, you'd only have to browse this files with any web browser and "download" them.

DCEmu Pro

Why not just use bluecrabs program. Anyone who cant use HTML couldnt use your method, plus wouldnt you also have to put a browser on the disc? instead of just loading bluecrab's program and hitting a button, easy.

Oh and you have to make sure you give the correct file name to the files before loading them onto the vmu, meant to say that, not sure if it says it in the tutorial.

I have the save file I need but how the hell do I burn this?

DCEmu Pro

First off make sure you have both the .vmi and the .vms files for the save, you need both as i recall.

Next open the .vmi file in notepad, look for a filename, you'll need this. For example in the sonic adventure 2 .vmi file you'll find "SONIC2___S01" Now rename both the .vms and the .vmi file to this name.

Now assuming you have downloaded the file and unzipped it, you should have a folder called vmucopy-0.1, within this folder create another called "vmufiles". inside this put the save game files from earlier (both vms and vmi). Now burn the contents of this folder into a cd. From now on we'll call this cd "save cd"

Now pop in your booloader cd (if you dont have one of these download dchacker, or similar, and simply burn onto a cd) From this then load your "save cd" once it has loaded it will bring up a list of all the save games on the cd. Simply highlight the save you wish to load and click it (cant remember which button does the job) to load it. Load both the .vms and .vmi files.

Reboot without any cd and go into the vmu menu on the dc to see if the save has been uploaded.

dchakker never loads right and dosent workon my dreamcast, or any other boot disk for that matter, whats up with that.

DCEmu Pro

Friartuck, I had this problem, sounds like you're burning "track-at-once" in nero, if this is selected, simply select "disc-at-once" (if its disc-at-once already, try it track-at-once)

I downloaded mvc2 save file (mvc2us.VMI) from the net but I dont have a .vms file so what do I do. Can I still transfer to dreamcst

Nope. Where you downloaded the VMI, download the VMI again, but remove the VMI extention and place VMS as the extention instead.

TBH, VMU Backup Tool by speud it much better than BlueCrab's VMU Copy (VMU Copy only allows something like 17 saves per CD). VMU Backup Tool, you can hex edit files on your VMU, copy the VMU file to a PC (with a coders cable), PC->VMU (w/ a coders cable), and CD->VMU.

Get it here:
    http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmutool/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information