Thread: Harry Potter the Perfect Wii Game

Blog Entries

Rev Harry Potter the Perfect Wii Game

Imagine using the WiiMote as a Wand and by doing different movements to do different spells, could this be a killer idea for a Wii game.

Views on my thoughts ?

it sounds like the first harry potter game that i would consider playing. it also reminds me a little of link waving his wand in the wind waker. that would be amazing if it was method-based rather than timing-based. i'm guessing it would be a lot harder, too...

I can think of a use for the wand but nintendo wouldnt like it, even after their 'touching is good' ad's

maybe, maybe not it seems kinda weird to me

If they did it properly, it would be awesome. I would love to play a game where you actually have to do the movements that JK Rowling says you need XD. I'd buy it instantly.

and that was my second thought ever after I found out what the controller for the wii would be. My first thought being "what the hell? that's odd and sounds awesome" lol.

DCEmu Newbie

I think it would work better actually as a non Harry Potter Game, when you watch the films it's more vocal than it is wand waving. It suits to me something I used to do when roleplaying a friends tweaked version of rolemaster where each spell required three movements which the DM would watch and decide what spell you cast (not necessarily what you wanted)

1st Size/Scale of Spell
    2nd Element
    3rd Shaping

This would work very well allowing 10 size/scale's, 10 elements, 10 shapings which ends with 1,000 different spells. But I'd see it work better in a more action FPS/RPG type over trying to follow a set storyline such as Harry Potter.

Though my first though when I heard of the Wii was ..... "Star Wars" light-sabre, duel light sabres with 2 wii-motes, force powers with the nunchuk ahhh now that could be fun

Lol theres about a thousand perfect games I can think of for the Wii but Potter aint one of them.

Cricket would be a top seller in australia but there isnt any developers working on one yet.

-!-
    /\

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Lol theres about a thousand perfect games I can think of for the Wii but Potter aint one of them.

Cricket would be a top seller in australia but there isnt any developers working on one yet.
    that sounds.... fun?

Thread Information