Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, I'm gonna "update" to 2.71 SE (HELP)

Default OK, I'm gonna "update" to 2.71 SE (HELP)

Ok, I'm finally convinced to update to 2.71 SE. Do I need to update to 2.71 SE-A first? What is the correct way to do this folks?

check ur pm i got everything ya need there

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Let us know how you do shizzy.

OK I updated to 2.71 SE-A. What next? Can I update to 2.71-SE-b2, and then SE-B3? Also, where can I find an installer for SE-b3?

OK. Just updated to 2.71-SEB. Now where is the installer for SE-B"? I'm almost there guys.

OK. I found the SE-B" update. ONLY problem now is I didn't install the devhook w/ the auto installer. Is it to late to put it on somehow? PLZ HELP!!! lol thanks guys

Ok. I got 2.71 SE-B" and DevHook on now. I'm still not sure what all these game folders mean??? Why can't I just put all my 1.50 homebrew & 2.71 demos in one folder??? Why would I even need DevHook with this thing anyway? What's up with the wifi fix? Should I use that? I feel like a n00b all over again. lol. This 2.71 SE-B" seems cool, but I'm more than a little confused right now. Could someone plz point me to the appropriate f.a.q.? Thanks in advance.

You don't need devhook anymore Mr.Shizzy, just get rid of it. If you want all your games in the same folder you need to go into recovery mode and then configurator and switch the game folder to the 1.50 kernel.

Well, on second thought, I may want to keep Devhook to test themes on. ( I wouldn't want to risk flashig my precious 2SE-B" too much) Also, I switched it to 1.50kernal in config. Now which folder do I put my homebrew in now? Does it have to be non kxploited? What's up with this whole IRShell/SE difficulty all about? Besides flashing apps, are there any other homebrews I should plan on not working? Sorry for the million questions. I'm just anxious to get my beloved PSP back in working order. Thanks M!ckeY and kando, for all the help.

EDIT: this can auto boot stuff? So I assume c intro works with this? Also, Is it ok to run it in "No UMD mode" with a umd in it? (just in case I wanna take the UMD out some time)??? How do I load all these mp3 , and overclocking mods??? Thanks again for all the help.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shizzy View Post
    Well, on second thought, I may want to keep Devhook to test themes on. ( I wouldn't want to risk flashig my precious 2SE-B" too much) Also, I switched it to 1.50kernal in config. Now which folder do I put my homebrew in now? Does it have to be non kxploited? What's up with this whole IRShell/SE difficulty all about? Besides flashing apps, are there any other homebrews I should plan on not working? Sorry for the million questions. I'm just anxious to get my beloved PSP back in working order. Thanks M!ckeY and kando, for all the help.

EDIT: this can auto boot stuff? So I assume c intro works with this? Also, Is it ok to run it in "No UMD mode" with a umd in it? (just in case I wanna take the UMD out some time)??? How do I load all these mp3 , and overclocking mods??? Thanks again for all the help.
    wow, all the questions, heres the answers to most of them, hope it helps
    1) if you switched it 1.50 Kernal, all your 1.50 homebrew goes in the GAME folder and 2.XX homebrew goes in the GAME271 folder
    2) 1.5 homebrew - Can be kxploited or unkxploited,doesnt matter
    2.71 homebrew - Has to be UNkxploited, wont work if its been kxploited
    3) The iRShell's param makes the eboot show as corupt, there is a param fixed out (made by coldbird) and there are 2 threads in the PSP Hombrew and Emulation section that provide a fixed iR Shell. When version 3.0 gets released (the real final iR Shell thats been released to betas as 2.2SEXX) there will be 2 versions of iR Shell, 1.5 and 2.71/2.71 SE, both should work on 2.71 SE placed in their respective GAME folders
    4) If you do want to flash you PSP, art released X-Flash v16d a few days ago (v16 supported 2.71 SE), but other than flashing apps, the only homebrew that i know not to work are ISO loaders
    5) It can autoboot the eboot in PSP/GAME/BOOT folder yes, but its automatic, and yes Cintro works (its what ive set as my autoboot )
    6) Yes....Why wouldn't it be???
    7) The additional prxs you are talking about get writen to whats left of your PSPs flash and get loaded in the PSP txt files (like the ones in devhook), so are autoloaded whenever you turn your PSP on/Start a UMD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information