Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amiga emulator for the nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Default amiga emulator for the nintendo DS

hi all is any one working on a amiga emulator for the ds or is there one out already?

As much as I love my DS, I don't ever expect to see an Amiga emulator. The hardware just isn't powerful enough for emulation.

I would suggest a GP2x for that sort of emulation.

DCEmu Newbie

That's crap, If you can emulate an Atari ST at nearly full speed with the first (Beta) build on the DS you can definitely emulate an Amiga system.

The DS is only about 5 or 10 times more powerful than the original Amiga system, so It really boils down to how good the person doing the programming is.

I hope someone is working on an Amiga emulator the DS can definitely handle it if it's coded the right way.

DCEmu Newbie

Can you emulate a newer amiga system too?
    Because I Will run Dos box amiGA on a normal amiga emu then I will run windows setup on DosBox
    it is a great idea
    Last edited by morpheux; April 26th, 2008 at 23:53.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xcom View Post
    That's crap, If you can emulate an Atari ST at nearly full speed with the first (Beta) build on the DS you can definitely emulate an Amiga system.

The DS is only about 5 or 10 times more powerful than the original Amiga system, so It really boils down to how good the person doing the programming is.

I hope someone is working on an Amiga emulator the DS can definitely handle it if it's coded the right way.

I would think that the Amiga's custom chipset is much harder to emulate than the ST, which is a far simpler design internally. Atari originally tried to buy Amiga but when that fell through they made their own less powerful machine, the ST.

An Amiga has 4 processors and the DS just 2. It would be hard to put all 4 on only two, not too powerful, processors. I really want an Amiga emulator, but I thinks it's really hard to fix. Well, let's see if someone succed. If so, I would be really happy

*EDIT* Another thing about the processors. They ar running on some Mhz each, so the machine is quite more powerful than the DS, I think. And that makes the thing even harder.
    Last edited by Dragonic; May 14th, 2008 at 17:34.

DCEmu Newbie

to emulate convincingly the slowest Amiga the A500 on the PC you need at least a pentium 500 with a fast video card. It can't be done on 67 mhz DS.

what good games are there for amiga anyway? beside lemmings. (which has already been ported)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stefcep View Post
    to emulate convincingly the slowest Amiga the A500 on the PC you need at least a pentium 500 with a fast video card. It can't be done on 67 mhz DS.
    I don't understand why not, I mean, the DS can emulate the Megadrive really well, which seems to me to have faster games that had better graphics and sound than the 500 ever did. Is the design so much more complicated for the Amiga

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Danief View Post
    what good games are there for amiga anyway? beside lemmings. (which has already been ported)
    There are LOTS of. IK+, ManiacMansion, Lotus 2, SWIV, Ghost'n'Goblins and more.... many more...
    And if you say that all these games have been ported or are also released for AtariST oder some ohter console, then I can only reply: The Amiga-Version was always better than every other version of a game, isn't it so?

Amiga, I love you! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information