Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by xpistonsx View Post
    Well here's my problem: I was playing with my PSP and all of a sudden the analog stick wouldn't move a certain way. Like I would have to push hard and move the stick in a circular motion around the outside to move it. Well I decided to open it up and see what was the problem. When I unscrewed everything and opened the casing around the analog stick unit I found out that the part of the circular plastic thing that holds the analog unit had broken (see attached picture). Should I try to super glue it back together and where does the unit go in the circle thing?

I had literally the same problem, and ended up buying a replacement analog unit about a year ago from consolespot(the don't sell them anymore, from what I can tell). I'm sure they still sell them somewhere, and they're cheap as dirt.

When i press up on the analog stick it goes really slow. Right now i am playing NBA09 and i see the players running fast then as soon as the ball get into my hands, the player i select moves really slow but only when pushing up on the analog. When moving down it is okay. Is there a way to calibrate it or do i have to open it?

i think you should hold the opposite side that the analog stick isnt moving. hold and press it tight and screw it back together.

DCEmu Newbie

I've got the drifting analog problem, even without the faceplate on. I discovered the rubber is chipped. Will getting a new one solve this?

DCEmu Newbie

hey my analog stick moves up but on the game the guy does nothing when i move it up how do i fix it?

DCEmu Rookie

I also have an analog problem........Okay.

I removed the WHOLE analog unit from my psp(the metal part and everything so i can see an empty hole whenever I turn it on) yet I am having issues so bad you'd think id be scrolling through the ds pokedex looking for dialga rather than trying to select a link on the internet.

Anyone else have any problem sorta like this? 3rd day trying to figure it out here.

DCEmu Rookie

Oh, nevermind. Figured it out! The screws on the right side(on the back of your psp) determine the pressure placed on the stick...play around with the amount of strength you put into screwing them in

EDIT:EH.....after playing with that for a bit I got the <- ^ 100% v -> 50% error.(the one where the up arrows go really fast and the down do the opposite)

2ndEDIT:Played with the psp a bit and eventually it worked....today it ocassionally went up....but im not abou to go back to square 1...
    Last edited by animekid4; December 26th, 2008 at 08:27. Reason: revision

DCEmu Rookie

Hay, I think it saves the last input from your stick, so try putting it back in playing with how hard you screw the screws....or taking the nub off your joystick and applying pressure to the area between the down arrow and the joystick.

DCEmu Newbie

Default help

my brother's psp analog stick keep moving the characters by itself and sometimes doesnt move up at all....what to do !?:S

admire your effort in helping others

Thread Information