Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a PSP

Exclamation Buying a PSP

So im buying a psp, and was wandering what version of firmware I may get when i buy the psp.

-- also I want to know what version of the psp firmware do i need to run sweet delicious homebrew that has been developed by this fine individuals
    --and reply with whatever info related with the psp that may help me

__Thanks in advance__

If you buy it from a store, it will probably come as 2.80 or 2.81. 2.80 can run select homebrew, using the eLoader, but 1.5 is what you want for homebrew, since it can run basicaly all homebrew. eBay is the best place to find a PSP for homebrew usage.

Very well, im probably buying a psp from a store because i dont like to buy used electronics or anything used for that matter...

would there be by any chance a downgrader?

__Thanks in advance__

No downgrader currently. I suggest buying a slightly used one from gamestop. If you ask the store clerk, you can usually look at the psp firmware before you buy(and the mobo for that matter).

I'm sure you can find a homebrew compatible PSP, wheather it be 2.71 with TA-082 or downgradeable.

First check at a Gamestop or Ebgames for a PSP with 2.71 or lower without a TA-082 (google it) motherboard.
    Otherwise try ebay.

Blog Entries

my local walmart still had one of the value pack psp's in so you might get lucky. just dont get the entertainment pack unless you're cool with a high possibility of a 2.8x with bad mobo.

one more question... when buying a used psp how can i check the firmware version and whats the good motherboard i should get ?

you can check it on the settings, for the version, the motherboard you have to check it on the inside part on the back of the umd door case where the green thing is, and no bronze marking is the one your searching,
    also you can check the age of the psp by checking in the box with a letter encoded, the ones you must search is the one with no letter, A-C in the code bar

Buy from ebay

PSN ID: splodger15

When you are gonna buy your psp you gotta check what letter does it shows....

no letter = 1.0 (Japanese Release) 1.5 (North-American release) confirmed
    A = 1.5 confirmed
    B = 1.51 confirmed
    C = 1.52 confirmed
    D = 1.52 confirmed
    E = 1.52 confirmed
    F = 2.0 confirmed
    G = 2.01 confirmed
    H = 2.50 confirmed
    I = 2.60 confirmed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information