Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Bug in firmware 3.0?

Blog Entries

psp Rumor: Bug in firmware 3.0?

News via PSPVault

Apparently there is some sort of tiny bug in firmware 3.0 (more like a loophole), leaving Sony no choice but to release a "firmware 3.01" tomorrow.

The origin of this rumor came from an SCEE admin named SslustWhether. This was on the Dutch yourpsp website, but according to this guy, Sony is indeed going to be releasing an update. Whether this is true or not, we can't really tell. All we can do is pay close attention to the Network Update, as well as keep an eye out for anymore news. Hypothetically, I wouldn't expect more than a security patch is to come of this, but the more important issue lies in the possibility of an exploit in the firmware 3.0 we currently have. Homebrew or other exploits running on a firmware that was supposed to destroy homebrew would definitely make things interesting.

Please remember this is just a rumor, and there could be no firmware release anytime in the near future. If we do hear anything more, or there is an update, we'll let you know!

more like already been released

Rumor no more.
    It is confirmed that there are problems with the load times of Jeanne D'Arc which launched today.

The load times on version 3.00 very high and sometimes even led to game not returning to the play mode after the long load operation. It says so on the update note from sony at www.jp.playstation.com

It is quite odd though that a games performance has caused firmware to update.

loophole haha sounds like a typical sonya problem

hopefully it can help the devs get to that ps emu

could we use this "loophole" to our advantage?

DCEmu Legend

This is getting to be very much a joke. I've never seen any other product with so much firmware upgrade bull$#@!.

This is actually starting to look BAD from a consumer perspective. I hate having to update firmware & system software on products all of the time. Once every few months I could understand but this business with the PSP is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    This is getting to be very much a joke. I've never seen any other product with so much firmware upgrade bull$#@!.

This is actually starting to look BAD from a consumer perspective. I hate having to update firmware & system software on products all of the time. Once every few months I could understand but this business with the PSP is a joke.
    STARTING to look bad! I think the war in Iraq has better public feeling at the moment than $ony does

Lets hope theres some fantastic exploit to be had in 3.00 (Id just like to be able to start my PSP without having to open the UMD door ! - For a start )

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

LMAO how can a long load time be used as a exploit ?.Lets just hope $ony have been caught with their pants down yet again.I think there isa more to it i,e some security flaw has been found causing $ony to do a sharpish update/fix.

well its obvios that theres sumet wrong with security otherwise sony woodnt update that fast, well mebe this is the key 2 havin 3.00 dev hooked

haha ;D sony is tragic ;D the big big thing for psp ;D they screw it up :=) maybe we can use that loophole for haxxing ;D anyone know what exactly the loophole is?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information