Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PSP Firmware 3.0 & 3.01 Dumper and Decryptor released

Awesome! Now lets have a new version of devhook already! XD

Quote Originally Posted by darthhaze420 View Post
    hey i have 1.50 with devhook 0.46 and have yet to find a game that does not work with it i just tried out tony hawk project 8 and it worked fine i try every game at least once
    Socom dont boot properly for me with dev crashes on loading screen

Tight tatties!!!!111!!!11ONE!~

How can this be true?? How could they possibly have worked out how to decrypt it so fast???
    Excellent work though if it's true! You guys rock. You know if I was Sony, I'd be offering you guys jobs in the firmware security department :P.

Awesome news!!!!!!! Hopefully my buddies Fanjita, Booster, and Dark Alex will get on this. We need a new devhook NOW! its been long enough good luck guys!!!!!! You all rock and noobz-Excellent work!

DCEmu Legend

Everyone always asks wheres Booster? Wheres Booster? Well, according to other well known coders Booster does indeed have a life. I know its surprising right?

But seriously, he has been busy from what I've heard. There has been another DevHook worked on, just not released yet and/or is still in development. I believe it emulates 2.80 firmware.

Also, the complexity that goes into coding some of this stuff is quite remarkable. And perhaps the most time consuming thing of all is trial and error. It likely takes a while to get things all to fit in and work together properly.

And another thing, Booster is supposedly considering releasing the source to DevHook. I don't really like the sound of that but perhaps it could help if other coders with more time try their hand at improving the already incredible DevHook 0.46.

The bottom line is that as long as the PSP homebrew scene remains strong, there is bound to be something to happen regarding use of higher firmware features on lower (1.50) firmware or custom firmware PSP's.

Being not really impressed with SONY's system to download & play PS1 games, I am more interested in PS3 connectivity & commercial games.

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Holy hell. Sony had their "golden" firmware(s) opened in record time, if I'm not mistaken. Sony may release something later on, like fw 6.66 that is "hell" to bust into, but hey, we are what, about 4 years from the version 6 fw series, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by porchemasi View Post
    Socom dont boot properly for me with dev crashes on loading screen
    you know y it crashes because u got cwcheat if u got that in ur devhook it will freeze thats y it does that take cwcheat off and then boot up devhook and go to the ram and then go to remove setting and then install settings again it should work find after that if not try doing format memory stick but remember to copy ur save games and other important files on ur pc before u do that and use one of the ultimate installer if u already dont do so.

sweet news!!

i jsut got an idea, after reading this exciting news, why dont all homebrew fans go to sony headquarters and play "we are the champions" that would be sweet!!

nice job ppl at noobz

Naw unknown i dont even have devhook i run it off Game section on my 2.71 SE-B , it loadsbut crashes at the SOCOM US FTB2 loading screen

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information