Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP PSOne Emulator details

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_952 View Post
    "Jap" is actually oft considered a racial slur. Shortened, sure, but there's still meaning behind it. o_O Just wanted to toss that one out there.
    I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for pointing that out.

DCEmu Newbie

ohhh more info on sony messing up wonderful and it only been two days... i;m starting to see why theres a total lack of games. shocking really that sony can;t even remake there own PS1 console... and why didn;t they release like a PSP add on for the R2 and L2 that plugged into the USB sure that would have been better than the left and right crap and sony would of probably made another few $'s out of it

DCEmu Old Pro

first of all the files have to be found

and another thing, sony isnt that stupid i bet a billion bucks they were expecting the homebrew scene wanting therye emu, theyre is probably a catch on how the emu runs the psx games, just like the wii

then again anything is possible but it wont be done soon

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_952 View Post
    One: He copied it from his PS3 to PSP while docked. This may impact download speeds, as you used a PC to PSP. This is quite apparent for those who read the article. It explicitely states that you use your PS3 to do it. Not your PC. To say nothing of the fact about how long it took for them to download the image to their PS3 from Sony's network.

Two: "Jap" is actually oft considered a racial slur. Shortened, sure, but there's still meaning behind it. o_O Just wanted to toss that one out there.
    In the context he used it in it was clearly racist...

DCEmu Coder

I constantly hear things like "how are they going to emulate the dual analog sticks on a PS1 emulator?!" You guys act as if the Dualshock controller was what PS1 was released with. I never even had one. There is only one game in the entire PS1 library that requires it. One game. So no, I don't think anyone's going to be focusing hard on Ape Escape support in a PS1 emulator. Other than that...

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

I know a japanese dude, he's not offended by jap at all, in fact, when we were playing ssx on tour, he said "AHWW, i wish this stupid was asian so i could insult her" and i said, "Uh, what would you say" and he said "I'd called her a stupid asian bitch!"
    and whenever he tells me about the difference in games between english/japanese, he says, "Oh yeah in the Jap version they do this, say that" that stuff, he seemed to be fine with it

It isn't necessarily the word itself, it is the context in which it is used.

Nowhere and everywhere at the same time...

that jap part wasn't really needed, but you didn't have to be that harsh...
    anyways, i would like to know if it is even possible to rip a ps1 game for ur psp, and if so, how!?!

i bet the guys at sony are biting their asses for including a flashable rom into psp
    damn if where a programmer at sony i would cry all day
    the homebrew scene is gonna develope a ps1emu 10 times better than the sony one

sometimes i feel sorry for sony just for a second but then i remember what happend to liksang and it gives me relief

lets let all arguments end here, wikipedia:

jap (variants: Japo, Japse) is a term denoting anything Japanese. In most English-speaking countries, it is accepted that it is a derogatory racial slur similar to the term ****** when referring to dark skinned people.

The three-letter and two-letter international country code (ISO 3166) for Japan, JPN and JP, are commonly used for the abbreviation of Japan.

In some countries, such as Australia, it is still used today to such an extent that school teachers sometimes refer to the Japanese language or people as "Jap(s)"[citation needed]. In Britain it is considered mildly inappropriate but not a serious insult (cf Paki which is grossly offensive in British English yet not uncommon as a ethnic description in the United States).

In Japanese dictionaries, the term "Jap" is only defined as a disparaging term used against the Japanese people, like it is the case in many English language dictionaries.[1][2]

The first recorded use of Jap was in 1860 to refer to members of the Japanese embassy in the United States. It was later popularized during World War II to describe those of Japanese/Asian descent, and was then commonly used in newspaper headlines to refer to the Japanese.

[edit] Actions of civil rights groups

In Texas, under pressure from civil rights groups, Jefferson County commissioners in 2004 decided to drop the name "Jap Road" from a 4.3-mile road near the city of Beaumont. Ironically, the road was originally named Jap Road in 1905 in honor of a local Japanese rice farmer.[3][4] Also in adjacent Orange County, "Jap Lane" has also been targeted by civil rights groups.[5] The road was originally named for the contributions of Kichimatsu Kishi and the farming colony he founded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information