Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Treamcast SE Released

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n 1time View Post
    hahahahaha :rofl:
    OH! You come over here and say that. Then go over there and say that. Then go to Venezula and say that (that's when I make my escape WHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHA).

DCEmu Newbie

Hey, I know you all said it was only a modded dreamcast and it didn't infringe on anything and I may be mistaken because I know nothing of it but according to wiki and my understanding of it is, its a clone and Sega has accused it of copyright violations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treamcast . And if i misunderstood it, I do aploagize.

there got it up, got both my Treamcasts up there. well I have another white one but it stopped reading discs. And btw, the SE one is the exact same on success-hk. It shows everything that mine came with. Plus on the black one, they fixed the too dark, and too bright thing on the screen. Plus better resolution. Its deffinately worth it. I might even get me another.

why would you waste money on getting another ?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i don't think it is a clone, as i said i think its a original dc modded. I would be surprised they could "make" their own DCs.

that wiki article has no citations in it, it seems that it's more of guess than a fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Treamcast

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n 1time View Post
    yes, they can make DC's but they cant make new bba's
    There weren't Dreamcasts with BBA included. I was talking about the dialup modem.

its a clone and Sega has accused it of copyright violations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treamcast . And if i misunderstood it, I do aploagize.
    but c u can bring any case to court tho. just because sega say its a rip off doesnt make it so..
    but it stopped reading discs.
    its official its a DC...
    There weren't Dreamcasts with BBA included. I was talking about the dialup modem.
    thats my question. if they could put such a freakin effort into a "dead" console why not make BBAs? apparently they see a niche proffit base yet don't act like it. And what IS THE DEAL with the dial up? if its just a DC in TC clothing why did they simply dump countless modems? Makes no sense..

hey Dark, there isn't a mod chip in the Treamcasts. I've opened my normal Dreamcast and my Treamcast to compair the motherboards. All there seems to be is just some wires soldered to different places and 2 points on the AV port that leads into the mobo has 2 points soldered to a wire that goes into the power supply. Thats another thing. The supply is totally different. It's been switched from a AC power supply to a DC power supply so it can run off a car outlet. but anyway, like I was saying, the power supply also has other ports like a video port that leads up into the screen of course. You could actually make a homemade Treamcast if u had the parts. BTW since I have a busted Treamcast anyone want to buy the screen case and mobo? I wouldn't charge a whole lot for it. It might need the gd-rom replaced (not sure if it works or not), but I know for a fact that the power supply on it is screwed up.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ßüboni¢ $oñic View Post
    thats my question. if they could put such a freakin effort into a "dead" console why not make BBAs? apparently they see a niche proffit base yet don't act like it. And what IS THE DEAL with the dial up? if its just a DC in TC clothing why did they simply dump countless modems? Makes no sense..
    building their own compatible bba would require actual engineering and though WAY beyond a new plastic case and built in screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ßüboni¢ $oñic View Post
    but c u can bring any case to court tho. just because sega say its a rip off doesnt make it so..its official its a DC...

I knew that they were really Dreamcasts all along. I took them apart and compaired it to a normal Dremcast. Ok first off the mobo is the exact same, except the points on the that were soldered like I said earlier. The GD-rom is the exact same as well. Aboiut the only thing thats been changed is the power supply. It use to run on AC current, now it runs on DC because for it to run off a car outlet they had to switch it to DC current.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information