Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSPUAE - 'up and coming' release news

DCEmu Legend

I'm getting pretty excited about this project. I can't wait for the release and am thankful to all the developers.

Does anyone know if this might be able to work with UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM) --> The game was originally on the following hardware:

Amiga 500/600 (OCS) (ECS)
    Amiga CD32

I don't know much about the Amiga so sorry if that sounds like a n00b question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
    any system that's not a console requires that!
    Yeah, I know! (got most of them on my PSP!) Just with the old Amoeba theres about 500,000 settings to tweak before you get to play! Your savestates and custom settings will be great for me because it IS a superb emulator (although the SAM coupe is better )

DCEmu Rookie

how come that on caSTaway there is only 1 setting to get all games to work but on PSPUAE there are many combinations?

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Does anyone know if this might be able to work with UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM)
    yes, there's no reason that the ECS version of UFO shouldnt be able to run. I have been meaning to make a savestate of it for a while, as i think its about 3-4 disks.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nick666 View Post
    Amoeba theres about 500,000 settings to tweak before you get to play!
    a slight exageration. The new "auto a500 setting" should make it very easy to hit one button and start playing A500 games from ADF, should that take your fancy.

Your savestates and custom settings will be great for me because it IS a superb emulator (although the SAM coupe is better )
    :rofl: get a grip man! the amiga actually *is* the best computer ever devised. still does stuff that modern PC cant even touch. like .. hmm.... -actual- multitasking. oh yeah, and my savestates rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    how come that on caSTaway there is only 1 setting to get all games to work but on PSPUAE there are many combinations?

becasue the ST is a much simpler and frankly inferior machine, with none of the custom hardware that the Amiga has. Amiga emulation is the hardest of any due to this. You are also comparing a generic amiga emulator (which can use kickstarts, memory amounts etc) from various machine models.... A500, A600, A1000... hell, even fake expanded amigas can be emualted.... against an emualtor designed for one specific Atari model.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Any noteble increases in speed ? have been watching this emu for a while it's nice to see its activley been supported and constantly improved by it's author.

Beauty! ...another cool update!

Its all sounding good (especially the full screen mode and reduced sized savestates).

I'm hoping 'Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker' will work on this newer version?

LOL baboon our posts are always near each other your scaring me now .

if there is a "notable" increase in speed, everyone -will- be informed!!!

i'm sure there's a little bit, from all the tweeking that's been going on, and there is a new chipset/ cpu ratio option you can try out to optimize speed, providing the game doesnt rely too heavily on the chipset rather than the cpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
    yes, there's no reason that the ECS version of UFO shouldnt be able to run. I have been meaning to make a savestate of it for a while, as i think its about 3-4 disks.
    i remembered why i hadnt done it now.... the WHDLoad installer for the ECS version is still a work-in-progress.

i'll see if there's another installer for it.

Keep it up Horace were with you all the way...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ultimate_Eggman View Post
    Any noteble increases in speed ? have been watching this emu for a while it's nice to see its activley been supported and constantly improved by it's author.
    Thanks for the support, but have to clear this up, we arent the original authors, , Christophe Thibault is the original author, we have picked up were he left off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information