Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark_AleX leaving the PSP Scene?

psp Dark_AleX leaving the PSP Scene?

I was looking around on a few websites on how to upgrade my psp from 2.71 SE-B" to 2.71 SE-C. I had got everything I needed except the SE-C update so i went to DAXs website when I seen this article:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_AleX
    Tired, tired and tired. I was already tired in my personal life, and i'm now getting tired of my "virtual" life too.

I've lost two family members this year because of cancer, one of them last week, and the LAST THING my family need are legal problems because of the confussion generated by that son of a bitch of dark-alex.com.
    PSP programming and reverse engineering used to be fun. It was a hobby that distracted my mind of the darkness of life,
    it was funny to understand the code of an operating system made by a big company.

But lammers attacking me and using my name to commit CRIMINAL ACTS in the worst moment of my life,
    is far from my idea of funny.

I don't feel secure anymore in the net. I don't feel my computer secure.
    Because of this, I'm considering to stop any psp development.

Here's the info of the bricker page. All this info was obtained legally, it is public, and therefore
    legal to be posted.
    The guy seems to be from Spain like me, but from a far location (Asturias) where i live (that's the luck he has...)
    As you can see this fake Dark_AleX has totally made the real Dark_AleX's life hard. Bring him many many legal problems. Does this mean no more awesome custom firmwares, decrypters, and so on from the amazing Dark_AleX, I hope not because Dark_AleX has brought alot to the community and opened a new era in psp development. I personally hope that he stays and continues work on his great projects but I also support his decision to stay or leave. So I thought I would pass this on to all of you out there who love Dark_AleX's work. Hope to see you stay man

http://www.dax.st/

The good news is it seems that the Fake site www.dark-alex.com has been taken down

Yep but it says he is thinking about quiting so theres still hope.

-!-
    /\

lets encourage him!! What can we do to help with his current situation? Without him PSP homebrew would be dead as a dead thing!

We love you AleX!

It'll be a sad day for the PSP scene if Dark_AleX leaves, and all because of some asshole trying to destroy our property for his own enjoyment. Dark_AleX has done so much for the PSP, it will be very sad if he does decide to leave, but do I respect his decision.

DCEmu Pro

Hes a brilliant coder and he would be very missed but really theres not too much he can do now. He has done stuff to the psp most people EVEN sony wouldnt have even thought of but now all he can do is update or help other inspired coders.

Forget all these fake Dark_Alex's they are all sad little loners with no lives and dont deserve respect off any1.

The real Dark_Alex on the other hand has made a big reputation, over 670,000 people will know that psp and non-psp users. If he leaves its a loss to the scene we all wouldnt like to see but on the other hand he will leave proud if he choses to do so!!!

Good on you mr Alex you have made the PSP enjoyable and worth to buy. It was crap before you arrived...

DCEmu Old Pro

I thought i'd share a link on the "official" ish forum of sorts. It would be great if it was added to the initial post.

Come share your encouragement somewhere he'll read it:

http://lan.st/showthread.php?p=591#post591

Well looks like that fake Alex reached his goal.

DCEmu Newbie

IF Dark_Alex, please dont leave us man,
    i doubt you read this, but we are truly sorry about what happened to your family,
    you are our only hope buddy,
    man you saved so many people sooo much money
    thanks again for that

AND THAT ****ING *******
    for anyone that wants to express some upclose anger
    this is where he lives

Avda. Rio Nalon 74
    Spain
    postal code 33180
    telephone +34-4-645678631
    [email protected]

so if your in spain....
    please do it for all of us.

No way! It's Dark Alex' own choise, but i would suggest to ignore that son of a b!tch. He's just sick, sad and i guess he's a silly nerd without friends. He just wants some attention, but he can't get any positive so he's seriously screaming for some attention right now. It's just sad. Just forget him.

And Dark Alex, i don't see any legal problems. I see some for that b!tch though. He ripped your site, names, programs and he's spreading a virus. He's the one with a problem, not you!

I think no one is gonna force you to continue, but think of alot that love you. You're already famous!

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Virus.exe View Post
    And Dark Alex, i don't see any legal problems.
    no legal problem !? and this ? "the LAST THING my family need are legal problems because of the confusion generated by that son of a bitch of dark-alex.com."

it is very serious what occurs !

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information