Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by jman420 View Post
    if you ask your friend "are you an idiot?!" what is the truth? they will reply "hellz no ya panz!" but in your mind, you stated they're idiocity by suggesting that they were.. so you stated they were an idiot, they replied that they werent, where is the truth??

either way...

Accordianboy... have you ever taken a single philosophy class?? if not, its not right for you to be arguing about it...
    oh dear

why do you reply with such elitist comments.
    if you need the answer...it is no!
    but i dont feel the need to gain teaching of concepts through such a constricting and forced manner...if i wanted that, i would go to church!
    surely you have not lived before this life, so it is not right for you to live it!

my point on truth relays back to our consistent appropriation of ourselves[as a species] and our inability to break beyond the boundary of our conception. we are human, so our perceptions are human, therefore all our perceptions are concieved from ourselves and not the world.
    in which case, the search for truth is in vain, for we can never break free from ourselves.
    of course pervertion of language can be very misleading, and truth can become whatever is wanted. even all i speak of is my own and never TRUE!
    but nothing can ever be true, in the truthful semantics of the word: True. for true is a word of untruth, if the man is a man of untruth!!![ha]

what is ironic in my case however, is that after extensive research into physics and more importantly cosmology...i have found no answers which remove a deity from the process of the ...and it is that which brought me to my current thoughts...whatever they may be.

WHAT?! PHYSICS AND COSMOLOGY?! AND PHILOSOPHY?!

if your anywhere near as good at writing music as you are at arguing a point.... you need to get on the ball . . . . lol

but yeah, I see what your saying I guess.. I agree that there could in fact be a deity in the universe.. but as it cannot be found, and does not directly influence the earth, I dont believe that one exists only to make our lives better, or that one shines down on my saving my life all the time...

Its not realy an issue of God existing (this thread) it started as an arugment for the ethics of athiests... now it has moved to the arguements for truth... now I bring it to the arguement that I beleave that if a god existed, it would exist only as the "first cause" in the cause and effect theory of the creation of the universe...

but never-the-less, I commend you for always having a negitive assumtion of my posts thus far... you always start out your posts, with a negitive arguement as to how your oponent is wrong..

if you'll notice, all my arguements have started stating my opinion, and showing how others may have missunderstood me... then continuing with the arguements possably contradicting other people...

either way! I would like to accualy talk to you Accordianboy, not over the forum.. if you haver an IM service, such as Yahoo, MSN, AIM, would you plz PM me so I could argue with ya about this crap faster! lol

i wasnt intending to be negative towards you, just trying to weed out some other views...
    its hard, because my current understanding has come in a very short process, and i am still far from grasping all of it myself...i am just completely at the conclusion that a creator does exist [or existed] and that any views any one may have are only true and logical to a point. the furthest back point of course being our humanity.

i am sory if i seemed to be attacking, i really didnt mean it that way, but elitism really gets on my tits!
    and i have been struggling to comprehend the thoughts in my head as they pass, and i only seem to concieve them in unfufilled ways.
    i have been on a strange journey.
    and i am still upon it

oh and im on msn[ you should have my address] in fact im messaging now!

i just gotta go back to what accordian boy originally said.

it just makes me laugh that he would say that.

Sure a lot of things were influenced by Christianity in this world.

but then again a lot of things are influenced by the moon.

that doesnt mean were all moons.

almost funny...almost

that was not at all a joke

if you think thats funny
    thats how you should think your original theory was

you say that as if i changed my mind...

it would be correct to assume i was saying something to have an effect, but still, i am at least half right

...all roads connect...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information