Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony shifts from hardware to software?

PS3 wont fail, it'll suffer, but wont fail, it'll be up in sales in 2 years time

i cant imagine the ps4's price to be the same as ps3, its probably gonna be like 100-200 dollars more

DCEmu Newbie

sony are bad at making hardware?? eh?? look at previous sales figures... ps 1 over 100odd million units sold.
    ps2 over 100 million units sold... not bad considering they had no knowledge coming into the games market.

ps2 helped dvd in some ways....

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sappo View Post
    PS3 costs too much. Bluray is a failure. Many characteristics are useless. Games are too expensive. The controller isn't revolutionary.
    - Bluray is not a failure; in fact it hasn't even grown significantly to see which one will win out; but among the tech savy and space hungry (and PC users...) Bluray WILL win out.

When it comes to PCs, HD-DVD hasn't got a damn thing; and really I think its PC that will ultimately tip the scales.

-The controller is revolutionary with its SIXAXIS design. However, Sony got rid of the Boomerang because no one liked the idea behind it... People compare SIXAXIS to the Nunchuck and really, there is nothing to compare; both controllers operate COMPLETELY different from one another; yes 'motion sensing' what both do, but they do it completely different from one another and both are innovative in their own right.

It's crap. You missed SCEAs publicity chief Dave Karrakers response...

"Following the launch of the PlayStation 3 just a few weeks ago, and witnessing the huge consumer demand for the product, I think it would be rather short-sighted for anyone to predict there might not be a next generation of PlayStation product."

Enough said.

This is ridiculous. And if they were to switch to just software, from what we've seen in their firmwares, they'd be screwed.

i dont trust analysts

Quote Originally Posted by sappo View Post
    Sony sucks. That's for sure.

And PS3 will be a complete fail. For sure.

I think that it would be better for them to shift to Software. They're not too good on doing hardware.

PS3 costs too much. Bluray is a failure. Many characteristics are useless. Games are too expensive. The controller isn't revolutionary.

It's the same as a PS2, only with powered-up graphics, and a copied controller from Nintendo.

Wow, nice shot this time, Sony.

- Who talks is a proud owner of PSX, PS2 and PSP, but will NOT be a proud owner of PS3, at least not too soon -
    where can i buy a crystal ball like yours?
    oh and you just said ninty controller is not innovative aswell

Quote Originally Posted by splodger15 View Post
    I couldnt imagine a PS4
    yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Don't underestimate the power of the PlayStation people...
    Yea people seem to do that alot now. Or people just WANT them to fail so bad. For what reason I dont know because they cant afford a ps3. I cant afford one and I still want it and am getting it later so chill out everybody and let everything happen before we say things, because this article is very premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    It's crap. You missed SCEAs publicity chief Dave Karrakers response...

"Following the launch of the PlayStation 3 just a few weeks ago, and witnessing the huge consumer demand for the product, I think it would be rather short-sighted for anyone to predict there might not be a next generation of PlayStation product."

Enough said.
    wouldnt a huge consumer demand be a good thing?:thumbup:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information