Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sony shifts from hardware to software?

Originally Posted by sappo
    Sony sucks. That's for sure.

And PS3 will be a complete fail. For sure.

I think that it would be better for them to shift to Software. They're not too good on doing hardware.

PS3 costs too much. Bluray is a failure. Many characteristics are useless. Games are too expensive. The controller isn't revolutionary.

It's the same as a PS2, only with powered-up graphics, and a copied controller from Nintendo.

Wow, nice shot this time, Sony.

- Who talks is a proud owner of PSX, PS2 and PSP, but will NOT be a proud owner of PS3, at least not too soon -
    how is bluray a failure, its only been around a few months

plus laptops are now available which can play them too

DCEmu Legend

Anyone thinking Bluray will fail, I ask you read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...orting_Blu-ray

Blu ray will not fail, not as long as those powerful companies stand by it...

DCEmu Newbie

Seeing that software is Sony's weakest suit, this report seems to but the anal in analysis.

this is retarded. why would sony drop out of the only thing they half managed to get right. if they do switch to software, guess where that leaves psp owners. thats right, MORE FW UPDATES.

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by christophe View Post
    sony are bad at making hardware?? eh?? look at previous sales figures... ps 1 over 100odd million units sold.
    ps2 over 100 million units sold... not bad considering they had no knowledge coming into the games market.

ps2 helped dvd in some ways....
    I also seem to remember that Sony had some problems with their lasers in both consoles.

The PS3 overheats really easily. I'd say that the Cell processor is too powerful for its cooling system, similar to the Xbox360. It's just shoddy layout designs and rushed production.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSwish722 View Post
    this is retarded. why would sony drop out of the only thing they half managed to get right. if they do switch to software, guess where that leaves psp owners. thats right, MORE FW UPDATES.
    Actually, if Sony ever drops hardware, there won't be anymore reason for them to develop firmware updates anymore.

I'd love to see a PS4, but I doubt it would be cheap, and I could only imagine that it would be somewhere in the $1000USD+ range. I'd still be there to get it though.

stop complaining about the damn price , you dont buy a PS3 everyday

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    -The controller is revolutionary with its SIXAXIS design. However, Sony got rid of the Boomerang because no one liked the idea behind it... People compare SIXAXIS to the Nunchuck and really, there is nothing to compare; both controllers operate COMPLETELY different from one another; yes 'motion sensing' what both do, but they do it completely different from one another and both are innovative in their own right.
    What's revolutionary in something stolen from Nintendo?

And Bluray is going to fail because NOBODY needs that much space today. HD-DVD will just suffice, and lower costs will make it a winner.

Only the fact that Microsoft supports HD-DVD says that every PC will be equipped with HD-DVD equal no Bluray for most people equal people will just forget about that Betamax2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information