Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants SEGA to come back?

DCEmu Regular

wel, these days there isnt a decent or a proper competitior now, its all about trying to make money in new areas which they sholdnt be in.

mor or less, Nintendo is on their own now, and if SEGA was to come back in, someone is going to be pulling thier Christmas sockings way up high!

my design of the console was inspired by the Dreamcast, so Dreamcast 2 was a funny thoght actually, but i remember a rumour that they were going to make something called a 'Nightcast'. during the time the Dreamcast was out.

DCEmu Regular

anyone?

who thinks we should make a start on helping creating a console for SEGA?

or may i ask, do i have to ask permission from them perhaps?

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

I want something like a Dreamcast portable (no Treamcast, as it is pushing the portability term).

DCEmu Regular

lets not forget that if a new SEGA console were to come out, what woud you expect from it?

yes to play DVDs as well, but wat ould you go for?

HD-DVD or Blu-Ray?

i personally go for HD-DVD, not because i dont liek Sony, its also due to the fact its better and simpler and would be a good market for that format itself.

also, emaulating games from GameGear itself, that would be a challenge. dont know

and compatibility with GD's (Dreamcast and Naomi, both machines)

DCEmu Regular

ohhhh yes! i kinda forgot about that.

now that Naomi GD-ROMs are circulating, people can have a grab of htem, so it shall emulate that as well. and have the nice arcade (improved) experience!

with the power of the new SEGA console i have in mind, it should be powerful enough to emulate the Dreamcast, and of course the Sega Saturn itself. i think htats wat i really want, for the Saturn. being very complex console itself to be runned and emulated.

heck, maybe i shall get the guy who is creating SSF to help me emu hte Saturn on a more powerful machine, i think that would give him/her the advantage to make it more possible, as well using hte full power of the console to improve the games technically.

but i dont know about the Dreamcast, on how easy it is yo emulate, but i think the biggest problem is the GD-ROMs, as the TOC is different unless we make a new drive with a TOC htat can read the High-Density bit.

any ideas?

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    and compatibility with GD's (Dreamcast and Naomi, both machines)
    I doubt Sega would make the same mistake twice with GD's. They'd probably have something like the Wii virtual console or X360 Live Arcade for all those older games.

Quote Originally Posted by the_eternal_dark View Post
    I doubt Sega would make the same mistake twice with GD's. They'd probably have something like the Wii virtual console or X360 Live Arcade for all those older games.
    Excuse me, but GD's have a big size.
    In the Wii Virtual Console there are not GameCube games. Why? because these games have a big size.
    And I was not talking about GD's as the format for the next Sega console, only compatible. Like the Wii, you can put the GameCube discs.

DCEmu Regular

well, if the Wii can play GameCube games, so will the new Sega console.

i mention this because isnt it true that the gamecube disc spins backwards? if so, im sure it wouldnt be too much of a problem for a new SEGA console to be compatible with other Sega formats.

TB if i may say u got an interesting name for a Man.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information