Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: CPS2PSP2 1.3 is out 100% FULL SPEED!! Also CPS1 and NeoGeo MVS Emulators updated

This is the best thing to happen to homebrew right now...no more lagging...SWEET!!! Thank you NJ!

...Now all we need is MikeDX's magical Wi-Fi finish...and one thing I would personally like, the ability to actually PAUSE the emu and map it to a desired button/combination...and also the ability to customize the menu Backgrounds, as already seen in NJ's Neo Geo CDZ emulator...there's sooooo much Capcom/Neo Geo Art I want to put up in these Emu's!!! Somebody please hear me out! NJ! MikeDX! Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssseeeee!!!!

lol...If you guys can't do us that favor, I still don't mind...These emus are already Top Caliber and that's what really matters.

DCEmu Regular

Im no expert on this, but I got a theory.

Look at Neo emulator, Nebula. It plays ROMS & capable to disable the music BG & uses real MP3 instead by detecting the Sound Code change. You can access this Sound Code thru Dipswitch. Just like NJ's NeoCD, it run so smoothly, no V roms processing.

uhm...i really need a hand here,id been trying to use cpsp since it cames out from the first released,but i still dont know how to use it...i put my roms in the roms folder,yeah,and i make the cache and put in the cache folder...but when im going to emulate it says something like: "This game won't work. Dont bother."
    can someone help me??

DCEmu Newbie

Whats happend to metal slug 2. Mines gone all fuuny

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by darthpaul View Post
    uhm...i really need a hand here,id been trying to use cpsp since it cames out from the first released,but i still dont know how to use it...i put my roms in the roms folder,yeah,and i make the cache and put in the cache folder...but when im going to emulate it says something like: "This game won't work. Dont bother."
    can someone help me??
    Yeah there's a couple roms that just are not supported. No matter if you have the cache files or not. Try a different version of that rom. If the World version or Japanese version is not supported then try a US version, then re-cache it.

Also to everyone about the lag, it really is mainly because of the zipped cache reading constantly from the MS. Like people said, if you unzip it the game will one no problems. I am using a regular Sandisk 2 gb and had lag with zipped cache files for some games, not it runs pretty much perfect. Be aware though a 9 meg cache file for MVSC will be over 30 megs. Just do this for the games that need it and you'll be set. Also setting the sound in cps2 games to 11025Hz gets rid of some lag as well. To my knowledge there's really only a handfull of games that need unzipped cache files.

DCEmu Newbie

hmmm.... definately not 100% (metal slug 2/progear still runs into quite a bit of slowdown) but a noticeable improvement nonetheless. kudos to NJ

Quote Originally Posted by geise69 View Post
    Yeah there's a couple roms that just are not supported. No matter if you have the cache files or not. Try a different version of that rom. If the World version or Japanese version is not supported then try a US version, then re-cache it.

Also to everyone about the lag, it really is mainly because of the zipped cache reading constantly from the MS. Like people said, if you unzip it the game will one no problems. I am using a regular Sandisk 2 gb and had lag with zipped cache files for some games, not it runs pretty much perfect. Be aware though a 9 meg cache file for MVSC will be over 30 megs. Just do this for the games that need it and you'll be set. Also setting the sound in cps2 games to 11025Hz gets rid of some lag as well. To my knowledge there's really only a handfull of games that need unzipped cache files.

yay!!! thanks a lot dude!! that fixed my problem,lol! its been so long...finally i can use my emulator.all thanks to you. thanks again man.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by shedeus View Post
    hmmm.... definately not 100% (metal slug 2/progear still runs into quite a bit of slowdown) but a noticeable improvement nonetheless. kudos to NJ
    Those games even had slowdown on the actual arcade machine. It's not because of the emu.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by darthpaul View Post
    can someone help me??
    yeah i had this problem with my Roms.Just put a u after the name.Example

mshvsf.zip rename to mshvsfu.zip do the same with cache and you will be good to go!

You need to look at the files provided with the emulator. Let's take CPS2 for example....

There's two files called:

- zipname.cps2 -
    displays the name of the game, how it should be called.zip in order to run and if it works or not.

- rominfo.cps2 -
    gives a more technical view of how each game's sectors runs in the emulator...it also provides you with information on wich two or three game.zips you need to combine in order to make 1 game run.

Open these files with Notepad or any basic text editor...

For example, if you want to play Super Street Fighter II Turbo (USA), you will see that "zipname.cps2" tells you that it's called "ssf2tu.zip" and that unfortunately this "GAME_NOT_WORK"....Do not panic, as you'll also find that the (WORLD) version of this game is actually quite compatible, and it's called "ssf2t.zip"...So, you copy that name extension and head over to the next provided file called "rominfo.cps2" where you conduct a quick search with the name you copied and you'll see that "ssf2t, ssf2" make up the game you're looking for...."ssf2" being the original Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (WORLD)....

Next step is you need to acquire both files...sorry, you're on your own there....Forum policy sez so.

Once you have both of them, simply extract "ssf2.zip" and add the contents to "ssf2t.zip", which is the gamefile or rom that you want to complete....Take the final file and send it to the Converter...once you have the "ssf2t_cache.zip" file ready, you can proceed to put the two files in your PSP's memory stick ....cache file under cache folder and the completed rom file under roms folder...

Added tip...if you look at the cache process taking place, you'll notice a short list of files being processed...once you have your cache file ready, you can go ahead and delete the files you saw listed from the Rom file, to save more space on your Memory stick.

Another tip...as already stated in this release...unzipped cache files with a respective folder name (in this case it would be "ssf2t_cache" will benefit of NO LAGGING in-game...but will take up more MS space, so you decide.

Hope I helped

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information