Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metareview: Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

How much is this game?!

DCEmu Legend

Well I had a 15 dollar gift card and had to pay 27 bucks more for it, so I'd say 45 USD after taxes.

This is also CONFIRMED as loading with Devhook .50 running 2.82 (the game requires 2.81 firmware).

Hey guys, I'm new to the homebrew stuff, and I recently got a 1.5 PSP with Metal Gear Acid ( it uses devhook inside )in my memory stick, now I've finished that, I would like to play Portable Ops, can anyone tell me what should I do to make it work ?

I already downloaded Devhook 0.51+Firmware 3.01 and....I don't know what to do after that can anyone tell me what I should do ?

The gamefaqs.com release date has changed to Q1 2007. Happy Times for EU. Although mine copy is winging it's way as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShunichiRokujo View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to the homebrew stuff, and I recently got a 1.5 PSP with Metal Gear Acid ( it uses devhook inside )in my memory stick, now I've finished that, I would like to play Portable Ops, can anyone tell me what should I do to make it work ?

I already downloaded Devhook 0.51+Firmware 3.01 and....I don't know what to do after that can anyone tell me what I should do ?
    You only need to buy the game and use DevHook to emulate the firmware.

DCEmu Legend

psp Use this installer

Welcome to the homebrew scene & DCEMU. The easiest and fastest way to go is to use this installer.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/3-01-dev...ot--45078.html

Its what I used to install 3.01 and get Metal Gear: PO working.

Quote Originally Posted by dejkirkby View Post
    The gamefaqs.com release date has changed to Q1 2007. Happy Times for EU. Although mine copy is winging it's way as we speak.

You only need to buy the game and use DevHook to emulate the firmware.
    Can I download the ISO and put it into the Memory stick instead? and I've got another devhook inside my PSP , so do I need to take it out first and then put in the new devhook ?

So in other words, what I'm going to do to make MGS work is to trick the PSP that I'm using a 3.01 ?

Ahhh Thank you Veskgar ! I'll look into that link ...and...will it cause any damage to my PSP ? I'm hearing the term "brick" does that mean the PSP will become useless once it bricks?

DCEmu Regular

Can I download the ISO and put it into the Memory stick instead?
    I think Sony are only offering the pay per download service for Playstation One games via the PS3, not standard Psp games.

Hmm...then how do you guys play the games ?
    cuz Metal Gear Acid is in my memory stick and it is working !

DCEmu Legend

psp

Ahhh Thank you Veskgar ! I'll look into that link ...and...will it cause any damage to my PSP ? I'm hearing the term "brick" does that mean the PSP will become useless once it bricks?
    Yeah, a brick is VERY BAD! You don't want a brick.

However, that installer I pointed you to and DevHook 0.51 WILL NOT brick your PSP. So no worries on that.

DCEmu Legend

Hmm...then how do you guys play the games ?
    cuz Metal Gear Acid is in my memory stick and it is working !
    I don't quite understand what the problem is... I am assuming you own both Metal Gear Ac!d and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. For me, getting MGS:PO to work was rather painless; I got the Devhook 0.51 Ultimate Installer with 2.81 Eboot, PSARDumped it and copied the output to 2.81 Firmware folder in the DH directory.

Then I ran Devhook and went to Flash and copied the Config file to Flash1 (Of course there is a chance for bricking, so I'd suggest picking up the new Non-Flash version of Devhook 0.51). Popped in the MGS:PO UMD, ran devhook after a full system shutdown, and booted into 2.81 and started playing away.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information