Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metareview: Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

Blog Entries

psp Metareview: Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

via pspfanboy

Are you happy to see me? Or is that just a Snake in your pants? Solid Snake goes portable in a big way. Get ready for the biggest non-shock of the year: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is good. Very good. In fact, it's THE killer app that Sony fans have been waiting for:

1UP (95/100) - "All this translates into a game that essentially pushes the PSP in all of its features: graphics, portability, Internet, extra hardware doohickeys, and multiplayer. Sure, it might have hiccups (occasional ghosting, quirky A.I., the one analog nub), but Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is not only a fine MGS title -- it's also a damn good showcase for the PSP."
    IGN (90/100) - "It's been a long time coming, but this is what Metal Gear Solid fans, and indeed PSP fans have been waiting for: a title that demonstrates what the technology of the PSP can actually do, with a solid action title to boot. The GPS and WiFi scanning feature is excellently implemented, the online and single player modes are deep, and there are plenty of things to do by tracking down and recruiting new soldiers from various places. This is one of the games to add to your collection if you have the PSP."
    Yahoo (80/100) - "This is one of the PSP's best multiplayer titles, giving you essentially a two-for-one experience. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops isn't a must-have for everyone, but most gamers recruited into its ranks will be satisfied."

The game has shipped to retailers, so expect them in stores today or tomorrow. Rush in to your game store, and tell us what you think about the game!

DCEmu Newbie

This Game is Gonna Be Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(.T.)

Anyone got this yet? I wanted to go out and get it but it's finals week and I hardly need anymore distractions.

Also, if you have it, tells us if you're using devhook .51 and how well it runs

I preordered this and i'm getting it after work since I work at the mall here.
    I already got my portable ops psp case.

I'll let you all know how it works with devhook, what firmware, and i'll post some pics. But someone probably will before i get off work at 5 p.m. here in the states.

This is the only psp game I've been waiting for like a little child.

WHy did yahoo give it 80/100? because yahoo people kept drilling on the fact that it's on a portable system and that it's mission aren't as submersive because theyre a bit shorter and meant to be played on the run.
    Uh, is it just me or is that a good thing as opposed to a bad? Someone read the Yahoo review on the site and tell me how biased it is.

DCEmu Newbie

Will there be a bundle with the GPS? If not bundled with the GPS can all regions buy this addon? Where is it released? US/EU/JP? All over the world?

I've been waiting for this one,I can add it to my collection of 1 psp game....
    Finally something decent.
    Anybody know what firmware this is gonna require?
    And yes that is a snake in my pants.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    WHy did yahoo give it 80/100? because yahoo people kept drilling on the fact that it's on a portable system and that it's mission aren't as submersive because theyre a bit shorter and meant to be played on the run.
    Uh, is it just me or is that a good thing as opposed to a bad? Someone read the Yahoo review on the site and tell me how biased it is.
    they give marks out of 5 and MGSPO got 4 out of 5 , which means its actually an excellent game. but metacritic reads that as an 80 , which , if out of a hundred means thats its an OK game as opposed to a great one.

According to gamefaqs.com, this isn't scheduled for release in Europe till mid-July 07. Anyone know what FW the UMD needs?

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by dejkirkby View Post
    According to gamefaqs.com, this isn't scheduled for release in Europe till mid-July 07. Anyone know what FW the UMD needs?
    The North American release requires 2.81 firmware to play. Unfortunately unlike a lot of other 2.81 games, this game won't play on DevHook 0.46 via 2.71 firmware emulation.

I hear it works with hybrid firmware and it most definitely works with DevHook 0.51 via 3.01/3.02 firmware emulation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information