Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony Release PSP Firmware v3.02: working on devhook 51 CONFIRMED

DCEmu Newbie

you dont need to pop the battery

just hold the power switch until it turns off, it may take up to 10 secs

i have mixed sucesses exiting games, some work some dont.

This is embarrassing for Sony. Now I am sure that there are holes in both 3.00 and 3.01. It won't be long until a new downgrader comes. I can feel it in my blood, not really actually but it's just a guess.

DCEmu Regular

these ppl sayin fuk sony this fuk sony that lol the thing is sony aint losing out really cos think about it the more ppl that hear about homebrew and iso on psp the more ppl will buy a psp so sonys sales still go up only thing might be losing is umd sales but enough ppl buy them and alot of ppl dont have the net and just play psp hmmm sony is like, oh! heck they hacked it again, hey bob shhhhh dont tell these ppl we still make good profit from them lol

So is 3.02 just a "security patch"? It's funny how we have to have 3.02 devhooked even though 3.00 is just the same thing. It's not that it's better to have 3.02 over 3.00 but it's knowing that you have the "latest firmware". I guess that's why some peolple update from 3.00 to 3.01 or 3.02.

Edit: Forgot to ask, are all of the features up and running in this? PS1 emulator? Remote play is what I want the most. That's all that really matters to me but it would be cool to be able to have the PS1 emulator, not that I would use it.

DCEmu Art Pro

No doubt sony will put updates on the ps3 so if you wana use psp-ps3 stuff you will need to update.

also what is the add-ons with 3.02 from 3.01

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDesertRain View Post
    Sony is not stupid...there may be something there in 3.02 lurking around. Maybe a timebomb for us homebrewers? Time will tell.
    I would classify a 'timebomb' as being stupid on Sony's part. I seriously doubt there's anything like that in 3.02. Not everything has to be a conspiracy.

I also seriously doubt this was anything other than a coincidence that it just came out right after Devhook .51 was released. So all the 'Sony pwned' comments aren't really relevant either. I'd say all the recent updates were put out simply due to the PS3 and the related PSP offerings that go along with that rather than any attempt to kill off homebrew and devhook.

As far as having to pop the battery goes. Pretty sure I tried holding the power switch up for awhile and it wouldn't go off. Was at least 5 seconds but not sure on 10. Will try that next time.

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDesertRain View Post
    Sony is not stupid...
    :rofl:

has anyone ahd problems running there ps1 downloads on this emulated firmware#@!$%????? i didnt get it to work on eithe 3.01 emulation or 3.02 i got past the warning screen though on 3.02. I got syphon filter and hot shots golf 2 and love those games am dying to play them on my 2.71 SEC.emulated 3.02 psp!!!!!!!!!! i got a 60GB ps3 and just downloaded them today i can tell this method and the quality of the games is going to be so friggin cool seriously its worth like 6 bucks or whatever its perfect emulation who careS? if you can afford a ps3 now you can afford to pay a couple bucks for games we know and love. . .

DCEmu Rookie

Default !

It will be funny if sony has allowed us to mod our own firmware like this due to the new Law Down under....

DCEmu Legend

Okay. Strange. When I first installed DevHook 0.51 & 3.01 firmware I could exit with HOME just fine playing Metal Gear Solid: PO. Then I noticed after completely powering the PSP down and booting back up to 1.50 firmware I can't exit with HOME without the PSP crashing when using DevHook 0.51/3.01 firmware for Metal Gear Solid?

How to fix?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information