Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: [OLD] PS3 Sixaxis Controller Can Be Used In Windows!

Same problem

DCEmu Newbie

mines is all good, registered but when i open up the test area it doesnt move or reacts, can you help me out??

yeah... when i try to play nfs: undercover and try to hit the R2 button why does it take me to the menu even after setting it as shift up?

worked on vista, run ps3sixaxis as admin

calibrate it first in gamepads

Considering the amount of makeshift devices I've made from tearing appart stereo's and headphones, guitars, building computers, and being a total geek for a long time, I'm ashamed that I was thinking of buying an xbox controller off my friend I have a ps3 downstairs. NO idea how I overlooked this, especially considering I have a server program on my pc that runs through my wireless router to my PSP W-lan and acts as a joystick. Without the joysticks it's not great for ps2 though. I used to love it for snes and stuff though.

The time's have changed again, eh? Why do I suddenly feel elderly... ugh.

__________________________________________________ _________________
    To anyone who's having trouble: I'm using windows XP sp2

Make sure you have the ps2 controller plugged into the USB port. It's not running on wireless (although it's possible if you have wireless internet).
    Be sure to follow the steps in the right order. If you launch the files in the wrong sequence, go to your start menu and use the uninstall option and retry.

Also if you're still having trouble, I'd reccomend deleting the rar. or zip folder and download it again. extract it to a folder, but this time BEFORE you launch the installer, go to start> control panel then on the left switch from category view to classic view via the "switch to classic view". From there: Add hardware> and scan for added hardware. Your USB ports may not be picking up the ps2 controller because they're lame like that depending on your motherboard and so forth.

Also make sure you're following the steps precisely.
    Last edited by skwissgarr; March 25th, 2009 at 09:10.

Last edited by williamhunG; July 21st, 2009 at 07:08.

DCEmu Newbie

does it use macrosoft microsoft bluetooth driver?www.motioninjoy.com
    Last edited by ACXIE; April 29th, 2009 at 21:58.

DCEmu Newbie

ok,its working.
    just one problem!
    im using project 64 to play nintendo 64 roms and i cant play with two players(two controlers)!!
    it recognizes as if player number 2 is with the first controler also.
    get it?
    what shall i do?
    (sorry about my bad english,im brazilian)

Quote Originally Posted by Wojjie View Post
    Ahhh, finally!

I managed to get the PS3 controller working. It was a bit tricky, but this is what I did:

I originally installed a different version of libusb than the suggested one: 0.1.10.1

Each time I would uninstall and reinstall, it would keep the newer drivers. So what I ended up doing is:

1. uninstalling libusb
    2. manually deleting the following files:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\libusb0.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys

3. installing libusb 0.1.10.1 from here.
    4. let the test application run after installation, and make sure the DLL and Driver Version is 0.1.10.1
    5. Plug in your PS3 controller
    6. Run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe program
    7. Press the PS3 button on the controller.
    8. Repeat step 6-7 till the ps3sixaxis_en.exe says "found PLAYSTATION(R)3 SIXAXIS controller", at which point the controller should work in Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller -> Test

Hope this helps those that are banging their heads like I was!

For those of you who are looking to skip to the end instead of reading through 50 pages of idiocy, I did it all for you. This guy fixed the problem 90% of people have within the first 10 pages. Do exactly as he says.

I don't think the older version of libusb is needed. The main problem is that you have to hold down the PS button and immediately after, you need to run the .exe file (not libusb, the other one). If it isn't working, it'll display "# busses found" before closing. If it does work, it'll say "# busses found, PlayStation controller etc etc found" before closing.

After the program has found your controller, you can go to game controllers -> test, hit the ps button a few times, and it should eventually pick up your controller's movements.

voila.

Thread Information