Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

thanks! got it!
    it should not be long before we figure out how to communicate with the original gps unit...
    People already made a pretty big progress there...

DCEmu Newbie

I Donate $20US to Sony GPS

Got 50$ so far, thanks to all of you, guys!

I can feel the spirit of the season. :-)

Actually, someone just ordered a gps unit for me
    from play-asia. It's supposently paid in full and being processed. I'll let you know the status of it.
    Meanwhile, I have a dilema: if everything works out I may end up with a gps unit and $50.. so, I see following options:
    1) I can try to send it to a person who is getting me the unit
    2) I can refund folks who wants it back
    3) I get to kee the money and perhaps forward it towards buying GPS software titles, trying to reverse engeneer the GPS calls...

Please let me know what you want to do..

Happy Holidays!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Got 50$ so far, thanks to all of you, guys!

I can feel the spirit of the season. :-)

Actually, someone just ordered a gps unit for me
    from play-asia. It's supposently paid in full and being processed. I'll let you know the status of it.
    Meanwhile, I have a dilema: if everything works out I may end up with a gps unit and $50.. so, I see following options:
    1) I can try to send it to a person who is getting me the unit
    2) I can refund folks who wants it back
    3) I get to kee the money and perhaps forward it towards buying GPS software titles, trying to reverse engeneer the GPS calls...

Please let me know what you want to do..

Happy Holidays!!!
    Re #3:

I've bought all of the GPS software titles so far. That's why we have as much progress as we do with the functions. You can buy them if you really want, but I don't think it would be necessary.

I didn't donate any money (buying GPS games to find functions) but maybe you can save it for future costs of programming that may come up. Leave it in the account and then when something else comes up there's already a foundation.

Just an idea.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm using 2.71 SE-B'' custom firmware and found the following bug. When I power off the PSP and power it back up, move the map, then change zoom, I will get a blank grid.

The workaround I found is to not move the map after a power off/power on. Press the [Select] button and choose the map after a power off/power on. I can then move the map and change zoom properly.

Another bug is that I cannot exit out of Map This when I press the [Home] button. When I select "Yes" to confirm exit and press the [O] button (Japanese version) nothing happens. I have to do a hard shutdown if I want to use the PSP for something else.

Minor bugs to an otherwise excellent piece of software -- thanks Deniska!

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine View Post
    I'm using 2.71 SE-B'' custom firmware and found the following bug. When I power off the PSP and power it back up, move the map, then change zoom, I will get a blank grid.

The workaround I found is to not move the map after a power off/power on. Press the [Select] button and choose the map after a power off/power on. I can then move the map and change zoom properly.

Another bug is that I cannot exit out of Map This when I press the [Home] button. When I select "Yes" to confirm exit and press the [O] button (Japanese version) nothing happens. I have to do a hard shutdown if I want to use the PSP for something else.

Minor bugs to an otherwise excellent piece of software -- thanks Deniska!
    You can hold the Select Button to exit back to the XMB....

Good Stuff

DCEmu Newbie

Hey fellows
    Really nice work being developed here, As soon as I get my gps unit from Play-asia I gonna start to test it here in Brazil and report progress too

Congratulations for this great work

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Russoxley187 View Post
    I'm with you on this one...
    The first part that is, I WILL NOT buy a GPS from Sony...
    Deniskas App has a much higher coolness factor to it.
    It will be interesting to see what kind of map pgor sony releases to go along with the App.
    Maybe we can use it too, you never know...
    I am installing the latest version o my PSP now.
    Once again...

Deniska... You rock...
    I hope I don't sound like a groupie...
    But this really is the best app for the PSP in my opinion.
    I still would love to know how many people out there run this app....
    Actually, you can buy a receiver from Sony, just not the software, they come either bundled or not bundled, and you can get just the receiver for a cool $60 bucks, and well worth it I might add. I have it and I love it! Still trying to get the maps for my area downloaded, if anyone has any ides let m know

DCEmu Regular

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by f34rth3r34p3r View Post
    Actually, you can buy a receiver from Sony, just not the software, they come either bundled or not bundled, and you can get just the receiver for a cool $60 bucks, and well worth it I might add. I have it and I love it! Still trying to get the maps for my area downloaded, if anyone has any ides let m know
    Actually, after my trip to DC this weekend, I think I might buy a Sony GPS after all.
    I don't live ina big city, but if I needed my GPS to be more portable the Sony option would be the way to go.
    I made a 9 hr trip from the beautiful North Carolina beaches to the dirty streets of Washington DC without getting lost.
    Thanks to Deniska...

Thread Information