Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

Are you sure you are not reading gps data from a file? (check you config.txt)

I'll fix the menu speed...
    geolookup is based on TIGER line data from US Census bureau.. They only have data for USA..
    I am not aware of any free source of this kind of information for the entire Europe.. so the short answer is no.. Perhaps in the future we could work something out for some european countries if some reliable data sources are found..

Hey all, i was just wondering if it was a bug or supposed to be lik ethis, but when i have a POI on screen and I move the cursor around, the POI disappears, then comes back when the cursor stops.

It's not a bug... Actually, the idea was borrowed from Maplus software. It speeds up the map scroll, especially when there are alot of POIs displayed...
    and you can still see the streets you are moving to even if they are clottered upwith POIs

Ahh..thanks for the clearification, also..should have stated this earlier, but it just reminded me, the same thing happens whne i have the increments setup as well..im guessing its for the same as the map scroll speeds?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    It's not a bug... Actually, the idea was borrowed from Maplus software. It speeds up the map scroll, especially when there are alot of POIs displayed...
    and you can still see the streets you are moving to even if they are clottered upwith POIs
    Thanks for the update deniska. Would it be possible to implement a toggle for this behavior between the old way and the new way? I can see the benefits of both. Also, do the POIs disappear while on the move in GPS mode? I still have to make my cable so I can't test it myself.

On a side note, can anyone create a mini tutorial on how to get the geodata script working when starting from scratch with Cygwin? I've installed Cygwin and changed to the geocoder directory (placed in the Cygwin directory), but when I run the command, I get some kind of error about temp folders (I'm at work right now so I don't have the exact wording of the error).

Quote Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
    Thanks for the update deniska. Would it be possible to implement a toggle for this behavior between the old way and the new way? I can see the benefits of both. Also, do the POIs disappear while on the move in GPS mode? I still have to make my cable so I can't test it myself.

On a side note, can anyone create a mini tutorial on how to get the geodata script working when starting from scratch with Cygwin? I've installed Cygwin and changed to the geocoder directory (placed in the Cygwin directory), but when I run the command, I get some kind of error about temp folders (I'm at work right now so I don't have the exact wording of the error).
    I'll think about the toggle...
    POIs don't dissapear in GPS mode... you can give it a test running the "FAKEFEED" data, supplied with NYC map...
    As to cygwin.. chances are - some of the required components are not installed in your setup...
    Check your error messages - see what it complains about and add it to the installation...

DCEmu Newbie

Sry, the fault with the out of range screen was my failure 8) forgott to edit the config, you´r right.

Can´t we extract the geodata from existing map-material or is this not possible, there are no standards? i´ve some tomtom maps from europe, someone must only decrypt 'this' file container, i work a bit on it with some study partners wich are in the ban of mapthis to thats a sooo great project, we must help anybody who work on it...

Here is the most recent source code, since people requested it...
    It's a bit messy though...

Quote Originally Posted by kididio View Post
    Sry, the fault with the out of range screen was my failure 8) forgott to edit the config, you´r right.

Can´t we extract the geodata from existing map-material or is this not possible, there are no standards? i´ve some tomtom maps from europe, someone must only decrypt 'this' file container, i work a bit on it with some study partners wich are in the ban of mapthis to thats a sooo great project, we must help anybody who work on it...
    I would prefer to stick to free/legal map data sources.. but again if you have any knowlege on how to extract geodata from tomtom maps I am willing look in to it... (I need real solutions though)

DCEmu Newbie

i know what you u mean, and i see it from this site, i´ve bought the maps, an then i can do what i what with, like an reallife print map , i know it is´nt right.

And, who will thread us? The geodata can come from elsewere. Tell me if i´am wrong.

will post a solutuion if i found one.

deniska, when you want can i send you the "interesting" data.

Thread Information