Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

Quote Originally Posted by BaDaPpLe View Post
    Sorry to beg still looking for a geodata file for R.I. Pretty Plz....
    here

Rhode Island geodata.dat file... should work AFAIK... Please let me know

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UJEEW8FY

if you didnt live in such a small state i wouldn't have done it.. now no more begging!! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    i for the life of me cannot get the geodata file created, i cannot get past the compression part, i keep getting size missmatch errors. i have run it all the way through, but it always comes up with a size missmatch on a different zipcode everytime it does the compression. some one help please
    here you go... california got it working last night and tested some of the stuff seems to work!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NLCF7TD9

let me know! thanks! I also have a very large (550+meg) map of all LA and OC area pretty much from Malibu to Oceanside on all the way in to Santa Ana (a little farther)

DCEmu Newbie

we understand deniska
    three cheers for califrag and bigsness

DCEmu Newbie

Default geodata requests

I currently have Cali, NY and Indiana created if anyone needs it ( haven't had a chance to upload cali yet but I see someone else has already so thats good then).

Let me know if I can help out.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bigsness View Post
    I currently have Cali, NY and Indiana created if anyone needs it ( haven't had a chance to upload cali yet but I see someone else has already so thats good then).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rijdtq

My CA geodata if anyone needed it.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks alot!! I got it and it seems to be working ok. Thanks again bro

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bigsness View Post

can you share NY? thanks

I hate to ask but can some one do a geodata for Texas.

Also big thanks to deniska and in7ane!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wbrod View Post
    can you share NY? thanks
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/rm23j5

Here is the NY geodata.

Default If you aren't too busy...

Hi Deniska!
    First of all I want to thank you for making such great applications! I've been a huge fan of your work since KETM.

I finally got my GPSlim240 cable made so it won't short out my psp and everything is working! Now that I have MapThis! with GPS I was thinking of a couple "wishes" maybe you could work into a future release.. Please let me know what you think.

1) Arrow Selection Option

I know it's probably hard or not possible to determine whether you are passing over land, sea or air (or other), but allowing to manually select the arrow choice would be awesome. i'm imagining a file structure similar to:

cursors\
    ..\land\
    ..\..\car.png
    ..\..\arrowred.png
    ..\sea\
    ..\..\boat.png
    ..\air\
    ..\..\plane.png
    ..\other\
    ..\..\ufo.png
    ..\system\
    ..\..\crosshair.png
    ..\..\arrowred.png

though that is a pretty ... complex structure i suppose...

2) Free-Roam (Free-Look) while GPS is ON

Next thing I was wondering if it would be possible to allow "free roam" with the cursor while GPS is on? Currently, if GPS is on and you move the analog stick to view other areas of the map, GPS is turned off.

It would be great if you could view other areas of a map (and GPS-tracking arrow shows in small window like the "North" compass). When the analog stick is released, the map should recenter to the GPS-tracking arrow.

3) POI Management

And lastly, probably the biggest "wish" on my wishlist, would be the ability to manage multiple POIs from within the MapThis! program... see my animated image below:

That would be AWESOME if you could make this happen! I would pay you to add that feature if it was possible...

I know you are currently busy working on getting the geodata into a more user-friendly application, and I do not mean to distract you from that! I wanted to throw these suggestions out there to see if you were already working on them, if they are planned for future releases already, or if they are even possible.

Well again thanks! If you need me to compile or test or run anything please let me know. I have geocoder program working and MapThis with GPSlim240. Currently running on 3.02 OE-B with a 500MB map of the entire LA area

Thread Information