Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

Quote Originally Posted by zsc View Post
    Aside from the additional usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx and the different kernel in which the homebrew runs in, what are the differences between 0.460 and 0.461S? In terms of the functionality of the homebrew.

Obviously, one uses the PSP GPS-290 and the other Holux GPSlim 236/240.

I'm asking because I've been following the 0.461S/PSP GPS-290, but just now decided to get a Holux GPSlim 240 instead. I figured the bluetooth feature of the 240 will come in handy with my laptop with built-in bluetooth. Plus the fact that Play-asia is taking their sweet time with the PSP GPS-290, ordered it a week ago, isnt gonna be shipped out till next week.

The functionality of both versions is approximatelly the same... There were a couple of new tweaks in the PSP-290 version, but I am almost done moving them the generic receiver one.. The only functional difference would arise from inability to play sound with the generic connection (since the plug mutes the speakers), but since no sound was implemented nor planned in near future - this should not be a huge problem...so you'll probably be better of with a holux unit.

DCEmu Newbie

deniska can u help wit this new release cuz i'm way behind......i don't get the geodata thing....wat does it do??? if i search a address on my psp using this release wud it make a POI automatically??? and does the geodata dat u provided on this release w/ the NY map works on any state like CA,AZ,MD, etc...that way i don't hav to make me own cuz the create ur own geodata thing looks complicated....all the cygwin and stuff...thanks!!! also good job on this release!!!

geodata module make a translation betweem your gps coordinate and your postal address.
    in7ane and I are working on building an easier gui tool and geodata for all states..so give it some time and you'll be able to generate all required files easily.

Default Headphone from headphone jack

With regards to getting sound from the PSP, whilst using a Holux or similar GPS receiver, couldn't the wires coming from the headphone jack of the remote control cable be attached to a set of headphone's/external speakers?

Deniska could kindly include audio signals in future versions of the MapThis software, bringing it even closer, and beyond professional GPS navigation systems.

Again, just a suggestion, but is this a possibility?

Thanks to Deniska btw for your tremendous effort in producing such an awesome piece of homebrew. You are an inspiration, and I hope other homebrew coders can work to the same level of proficiency. Personally, I have absolutely no idea how any of the coders do their work, it seems like black magic to me. I have nothing but admiration for all those who contribute so generously to the homebrew scene.

:thumbup: Thank You one and all. :thumbup:

i was wondering....because of the high price of the cables with shipping combined for 1 cable...

would it be possible for someone here to set up a group buy?

i think it would save alot of money for people on shipping.

this has been a long used method on car forums for buying car parts from vendors at a cheaper price if a certain number of buyers want it.

just throwing it out there just in case people wanted the cable but thought the price was a little steep

DCEmu Newbie

Does anyone else get an issue with the Holux 236 method where when you want to exit from the app it wont let you click on x for escape and you have to use hard reset?

Great app Deniska my holux 236 arrived a few days ago an today I got it all up and running. Cant wait for the updated port to be moved to this version rather than the crappy sony 290

DCEmu Rookie

not sure if this is a known bug, but my maps seem to disappear after i put my PSP into sleep mode. then when I try opening a new map, it takes forever to load.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalksy View Post
    Does anyone else get an issue with the Holux 236 method where when you want to exit from the app it wont let you click on x for escape and you have to use hard reset?

Great app Deniska my holux 236 arrived a few days ago an today I got it all up and running. Cant wait for the updated port to be moved to this version rather than the crappy sony 290
    you need to hit select to get to the map select screen, then hit select again to exit the program.

DCEmu Newbie

anybody could help me connect holux 240? How to made cable? I cant find any information. Please...
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by cartmanko View Post
    anybody could help me connect holux 240? How to made cable? I cant find any information. Please...
    [email protected]
    You don't seem to be trying to search too hard ;-)
    it's all over the place:
    http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/

Thread Information