Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    You don't seem to be trying to search too hard ;-)
    it's all over the place:
    http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/
    What Deniska is saying, that the cable is the same for the GPSlim 236 and the GPSlim 240...

DCEmu Newbie

Hey Deniska, Have you thought any about using the Sony OSK instead of the current one your using. I personally like the sony one better. Maybe have a config option to do both. I have some code already made up on how to do it if you want it.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy1982 View Post
    With regards to getting sound from the PSP, whilst using a Holux or similar GPS receiver, couldn't the wires coming from the headphone jack of the remote control cable be attached to a set of headphone's/external speakers?

Deniska could kindly include audio signals in future versions of the MapThis software, bringing it even closer, and beyond professional GPS navigation systems.

Again, just a suggestion, but is this a possibility?

Thanks to Deniska btw for your tremendous effort in producing such an awesome piece of homebrew. You are an inspiration, and I hope other homebrew coders can work to the same level of proficiency. Personally, I have absolutely no idea how any of the coders do their work, it seems like black magic to me. I have nothing but admiration for all those who contribute so generously to the homebrew scene.

:thumbup: Thank You one and all. :thumbup:
    I'm also very interested in the answer of that question
    And I also have to say, I have followed your program since maybe august2006, with mapViewer, and it kept getting better and better. Congrats !

Of course you could wire it to external speakers, fm transmitter, etc... it's just a bit more complicated.. many people complained that even the existing (rather simple) cable was too hard to make...
    I'll probably add basic sound (read beeps,etc) in a near future...not the highest priority though...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
    Hey Deniska, Have you thought any about using the Sony OSK instead of the current one your using. I personally like the sony one better. Maybe have a config option to do both. I have some code already made up on how to do it if you want it.
    Sure, attach the zip to this thread, I'll take a look

DCEmu Newbie

Sure, attach the zip to this thread, I'll take a look
    Here you go. It's very generic, I took it from various pieces of code I have seen around on various mesasge boards. It's pretty straight forward and it does work.

OSK.rar

DCEmu Rookie

Just got my GPSlim 240 as well as the cable. The GPS receiver works right of the box with my laptop, it connected via bluetooth. However, when I disconnected the bluetooth connection, plugged in the cable to the GPS receiver and PSP, and ran MapThis, I couldn't get the "GPS Mode" to work. Was I supposed to do something first? Or should it just work? When I tried using "GPS Mode" it kept saying "Location out of Range". Also, the coordinates that MapThis gives me in GPS Mode doesn't match the coordinates I get from the GPS viewer that came with the GPSlim240 (after conversion into N XX.XXXXXX, W XX.XXXXXX format).

DCEmu Rookie

OK, I'm in GPS mode, I see the coordinates in the lower right corner above the time/battery/reception, the coordinates are correct. Problem is, it still flashes this message across the screen,

LOCATION OUT OF RANGE !!!
    THIS MAP DOES NOT COVER FOLLOW COORDS:
    XX.XXXXXX::-XX.XXXXXX

The two sets of coordinates, one from the box and one that flashes, do not match. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I missing a step to refresh?

1) did you turn off FAKEFEED in config.txt?
    2) try getting a bigger map and see where it puts you...

DCEmu Rookie

1) did you turn off FAKEFEED in config.txt?
    2) try getting a bigger map and see where it puts you...
    Thanks, I forgot to edit the config.txt on the MS. I had done it for the one on my computer by forgot to copy it over.

Everything is great now, I get about 3 bars indoor. I will try it out on the free way today and post some screenshots. Do you still need help with making a tutorial/wiki for this? I'll try to help with that.

Thread Information