Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

So basically you just want to toggle decimal lat/lon display on the main screen to DMS, right?

DCEmu Newbie

No it's not just on the main display. I would like to be able to enter new POIs in the WGS84 format.
    It'd be really cool if this would work because that's the format needed for geocaching - at least for the caches I've seen so far.
    By the way I live in Germany I don't know if it's different in other countries.

DCEmu Newbie

HI, I tried that and it worked better...
    One quesion...I can just change the init value from 0 to 2?

I'm asking that cause i The green program I got a better connection with attelites when Iput 6 + on the location field

I gonna try it later, but just checking if what I'm thinking makes sense

Thanks

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    So basically you just want to toggle decimal lat/lon display on the main screen to DMS, right?
    To be able to switch from DD (current) to DMS or DM and back would be really cool. Could you possibly make it an option in the START menu for MapThis to display one of the three in both map/gps mode and the GPS info screen? Hey, maybe you could also make a little built-in calculator that converts from DD <-> DMS <-> DM and then have an option of whether to input that into the POI.

Just for reference, in case anyone wants to learn more about geographic coordinate system, check out this wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geograp...rdinate_system.

Quote Originally Posted by felipeou View Post
    HI, I tried that and it worked better...
    One quesion...I can just change the init value from 0 to 2?

I'm asking that cause i The green program I got a better connection with attelites when Iput 6 + on the location field

I gonna try it later, but just checking if what I'm thinking makes sense

Thanks
    There is a notion that acceptable values for initLocation call are only 0,1,2
    0 - cold start - don't hint the receiver about your current location. This would take the longest since it's going to figure out what part of the world you are in.
    1 - warm start - psp driver hints gps recever about the previous location if saved on MS. this should save a few minutes of satellite aquisition.. but would not work well if the unit moved far enough from the position recorder in previous session.
    2 hot start - try using previously saved satellite positioning info - this would probably be a good option for qiocly recovering previously interrypeted session, if not much time between sessions ellapsed.. ( this is the fastest, but ...)

IMHO, "1" seems to be the most robust option to use...

DCEmu Newbie

Hi deniska, I just googled a bit to try and find out how to calculate the three different values DD, DM and DMS.
    This is what I found:
    Given the lon. in DD E13.41944444°
    Take the part after the decimal point and multiply with 60 gives you DM:
    0.41944445 * 60 = 25,166667
    So DM value is then E13° 25.166667'
    Now take the part after the decimal point and multiply with 60 to get DMS:
    0.16667 * 60 = 10
    So DMS value is then E13° 25' 10''

Vice versa calculation looks like this:
    Given the lon. in DMS E13° 25' 10''
    Take the second and divide by 60 to get DM
    10 / 60 = 0,16666666666666666666666666666667
    So DM value is then E13° 25.166667'
    For the DMS value calcultion is as follows:
    Divide the minutes by 60 and add the seconds devided by 3600
    (25 / 60) + (10 / 3600) = 13.41944444
    SO we get the DD value now is E13.41944444°

Hope you can use this to toggle the display and so that we can use all three values when entering our own POIs in MapThis!

DCEmu Rookie

Memory Stick Pro (Duo) carrying case & Holux GPSlim carrying case

I stuffed some paper tissues into the cases so the memory sticks and the gps receiver dont move.

DCEmu Rookie

I've been meaning to ask, what programming language do you use for MapThis? I feel bad to keep asking for things and not lend a hand.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by zsc View Post
    I've been meaning to ask, what programming language do you use for MapThis? I feel bad to keep asking for things and not lend a hand.
    C

Source is attached to non-betas, you can have a look. I already added "better" search for address lookup as well as screen-shot features. Just waiting for Deniska to ack and give a feedback...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MIB.42 View Post
    C

Source is attached to non-betas, you can have a look. I already added "better" search for address lookup as well as screen-shot features. Just waiting for Deniska to ack and give a feedback...
    nice, I was already impressed by the address lookup feature, but if this can be improved, that would be awesome.
    There are so much that could be done with this little app, can't wait to see how it will evolve

Thread Information