Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.4

DCEmu Newbie

Deniska? anyone? I just want some suggestions on what I can do to make this work.

DCEmu Newbie

Just an update for posterity:

I just received my cable from PC-mobile and things are pretty rosy

I plugged it in, first my PSP switched off (bug...? Hope it won't happen again.)
    I switched the thing back on and got my position displayed on the screen straight away.
    No flaming hoops to jump through, no swearing involved, no baud rates to guess, no adjustments to make at all. It just works.

I am now officially impressed with Map This

Flawless communication at the first try between 2 totally alien units, 1 of which was never intended to run this programme or receive this sort of data, with a 3rd party cable as well... Pulling that off with a homebrew app is quite a feat.

Hardware/software list: PSP on 3.40 OE-A, Map This 4.97 for Holux, pc-mobile cable, Holux GPSlim240 receiver.

Now to test features and stability...

DCEmu Newbie

Well, it was my cable that was malfunctioning because I just got my cable from pc-mobile and it works flawlessly! Thank you, deniska, for all of your help. you have definitely created my favorite psp app and I await the release of MapThis! v5.

DCEmu Newbie

just wanna say.. love my psp even more now after i got my gps,holux 240 last week, opened up the box and plugged my cord that i made, cut off the tip so i can use the psp speakers... made a map of the whole victoria, and then made a map of east half of whole australia, and it only took 180mb...

i just wanna tell people that, i recommend using the microsoft maps, road or hybrid, to make big maps... it gives you the option to not select the 1x.. saves a lot of space unchecking that...

good luck, hf..

thanks again for the great app.. keep up the good work...

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, I have a GPS Receiver for the PSP and the 3.52 version and i would like to know how make it work with mapthis! Can you help me ?

Thanks alot
    Guy

DCEmu Newbie

hi

DCEmu Pro

Try reading the sticky topics before asking questions that have been answered over and over again.

DCEmu Newbie

living in dubai, just received PSP-290 bought over ebay. No software attached. Where can I download setup file and maps? very basic knowledge of software language, please be explicit and simple. Thanks

DCEmu Pro

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,
    I need someone can reply.
    hope you can help me.
    I bought recently the sony gps receiver recently in singapore and im living here in sydney australia. My question is , if i install MapThis to my psp is this will work here in Australia? or there is some other thing to install? How can I install the softaware needed.
    Iam very much appreciated if you could help me to this matter.
    Thanks & Regards
    8jgct

Thread Information