Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wifi Max Announced for Wii

Blog Entries

Rev Wifi Max Announced for Wii

Heres the details from Datel:

WiFi MAX is your ticket to the exciting world of online gaming, and it couldn't be simpler to use. Just plug your USB WiFi dongle into your internet-enabled PC to create a Wireless Access Point. You can then connect to the internet and play online-enabled multiplayer games with DS and Wii gamers from all over the world. Just the thing if you don't have a wireless router! Best of all, WiFi MAX supports up to five ‘local' DS gamers at a time, so you and your mates can all play online at once with no loss of speed!

Don’t forget, there’s more to the Nintendo Wii’s online service than playing games. You can also download additional material such as new levels, skins, artwork and even retro games! That’s right – Nintendo is gradually making its back-catalogue classics for old Nintendo machines such as the NES, SNES and N64 available to Wii owners through the Virtual Arcade service. And with WiFi MAX, you can download them through your broadband internet connection! Just think what you’ll be missing out on if you don’t take your Wii online…

As WiFi MAX operates on the Wireless G standard, it's five times faster than an ordinary WiFi connection, and if you use our USB cable and dongle stand (supplied), you can position your dongle to maximise WiFi range. If you have other WiFi-enabled devices capable of using the internet, such as laptops or PDAs, you can take them online with WiFi MAX too. It's the ultimate device for internet surfing without a WiFi router!

Blog Entries

ok i have the old wifi max so can i not just use it?

You can use your old one or just a wireless AP or the nintendo USB wi-fi adapter.

DCEmu Newbie

i have a problem. ive got broadband but not wireless is it possible for me to play over the internet?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by G2DaB View Post
    i have a problem. ive got broadband but not wireless is it possible for me to play over the internet?
    Yup - get a Wireless USB dongle (nintendo do an official one) - plug it into your USB port on your PC then set it as "Access Point" instead of "Station" - it'll use your PC's internet connection to send out a signal your Wii can pick up on.

Sounds more complex than it is - I got my Wii connected in less than 3 mins.

DCEmu Newbie

how much would an official nintendo wireless USB dongle set me back ?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mwstevens View Post
    Yup - get a Wireless USB dongle (nintendo do an official one) - plug it into your USB port on your PC then set it as "Access Point" instead of "Station" - it'll use your PC's internet connection to send out a signal your Wii can pick up on.

Sounds more complex than it is - I got my Wii connected in less than 3 mins.
    or just pay a little bit extra and get a wireless router, then you can use you Wii online, DS, PSP etc.. without having to have your PC on..

with the price of wireless router/modems nowadays, I fail to see the point of the wifi max

Quote Originally Posted by Strumtoo View Post
    or just pay a little bit extra and get a wireless router, then you can use you Wii online, DS, PSP etc.. without having to have your PC on..

with the price of wireless router/modems nowadays, I fail to see the point of the wifi max
    That's what I'm thinking, too. That's why I plan on getting a wireless router around Christmas (if I don't get one for Christmas).

Quote Originally Posted by G2DaB
    how much would an official nintendo wireless USB dongle set me back ?
    Here in the U.S., it's $35.00.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

DCEmu Newbie

Where would i get a wireless router and how do i connect it to my orignal internet.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by G2DaB View Post
    Where would i get a wireless router and how do i connect it to my orignal internet.
    couple of Q's are you in the UK? if so NTL/cable or BT? desktop or laptop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information