Thread: NJ Modder Arrested

Xbox NJ Modder Arrested

Via www.xbox-scene.com

Operating out of a Newark home cluttered with DVD burners, computer towers and piles of blank discs, Derek Ramirez was like countless other high-tech thieves pirating computer game software, authorities say.

But, those authorities say, Ramirez was a thief with a difference. He would not only sell customers pirated DVDs for Microsoft's Xbox 360 game. For $60, he would modify an Xbox console so it would not reject counterfeit software, they said.

Investigators estimate Ramirez, who advertised on the Internet, had thousands of customers before the Essex County Prosecutor's Office raided his home and arrested him yesterday.
    "He was one of our higher profile targets in the area," said Robert Hunter, manager of intellectual property enforcement for the Entertainment Software Association, whose investigators keyed in on Ramirez.

Ramirez, 24, was arrested in the three-story home on Mount Prospect Avenue he shared with his mother and other family members. He was charged with violating New Jersey's anti-piracy act, a third-degree offense that can carry up to five years in prison.

I bet he was one of those guys that said i never will be caught. But, the stupidest thing is that he put himself on the net. If i was him, i would do local peoples, then do word of mouth. then again, i don't crack x-boxs or even own an x-box 360.

DCEmu Legend

Shoulda just stuck to modding Xboxes... He deserves what he got if he was selling pirated DVDs...

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Hmmp GOT HIS JUST DESERTS.. Nobody likes game prices FACT but this guy was stoooopid.

60$????? wtf isnt that the same price as xbox360 game...i just got my 360 and could stop playing dead rising lol..but any yeah he deservise it but 60$??? for a burnt DVD? loser i bet he said, 400$ for me to mod ur 360

I believe it was 60 for the mod not the dvd's themselves,otherwise what would be the point.

This guy is just retarded... He actually thought he was gonna get away with it

That guy got whats coming to him

Thread Information