Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sony, Sandisk 32GB Memory stick

OMG imagine how much dough this is going to cost D:

But the idea of 32gb is great, if this is true I won't even want a Zune player =]

I think that they should come out with mini HVD's/BD's/HDDVD's. Those discs can hold lots of stuff and making mini versions of them for handhelds would be perfect. Especially if Sony had mini BluRay discs for PSP2 that could also be played on PS3/4. They would be able to hold a lot more space than the stupid UMD's and would be a perfect match for normal Bluray discs.

wow hard to belive a memory stick is like the size of my finger nail

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457 View Post
    I think that they should come out with mini HVD's/BD's/HDDVD's. Those discs can hold lots of stuff and making mini versions of them for handhelds would be perfect. Especially if Sony had mini BluRay discs for PSP2 that could also be played on PS3/4. They would be able to hold a lot more space than the stupid UMD's and would be a perfect match for normal Bluray discs.
    No offense and all, but blue ray is not cheap hardware to throw in any device. And the idea to try to cram hardware of that calibur into a PSP, is just Ludacris. but ya i agree, I wish the umd format went higher than 1.8 gb. But when it comes down to it don't we wish we all had memory cards, that had an infinite void in them, that cold hold an infinite amount of space =D

could you say "Full Rom sets" XD.

Well I'm looking forward to the release on this, but I really hope that someone can get news on how much an estimated price on this product is going to be. Because this is pretty kool. I was thinking about getting a Zune player because of its hardrive space, and i wanted to watch anime. But if there is a memory card this big, I'll have enough space to hold plenty of anime on my PSP. And viewing it on that screen will be oh so satisfieing =]

DCEmu Legend

Yeah, it is pretty interesting that the tiny memory stick PRO DUO's can hold more than a UMD disc. Granted UMD's are a lot cheaper but still.

32GB is perfect for the PSP. Considering the iPod can hold 80GB now, the PSP deserves at least 20-40GB.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    No offense and all, but blue ray is not cheap hardware to throw in any device. And the idea to try to cram hardware of that calibur into a PSP, is just Ludacris. but ya i agree, I wish the umd format went higher than 1.8 gb. But when it comes down to it don't we wish we all had memory cards, that had an infinite void in them, that cold hold an infinite amount of space =D

could you say "Full Rom sets" XD.

Well I'm looking forward to the release on this, but I really hope that someone can get news on how much an estimated price on this product is going to be. Because this is pretty kool. I was thinking about getting a Zune player because of its hardrive space, and i wanted to watch anime. But if there is a memory card this big, I'll have enough space to hold plenty of anime on my PSP. And viewing it on that screen will be oh so satisfieing =]
    Oh yah good point about the drive. I didn't even think about that. Maybe they will figure out a way to fit one in a handheld someday but I would doubt that they would actually use mini bluray discs in a PSP.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Yeah, it is pretty interesting that the tiny memory stick PRO DUO's can hold more than a UMD disc. Granted UMD's are a lot cheaper but still.

32GB is perfect for the PSP. Considering the iPod can hold 80GB now, the PSP deserves at least 20-40GB.
    The ipods I believe have a miniature hard-drive in them, which is where the PSP falls short. Memory Sticks, while nice (and not so cheap) do not have the long track record as HDs do.

The PSP could easily fit a 2.5" laptop hard-drive inside and still maintain its sleak design. And some of those are up to 160 megabytes.

DCEmu Regular

by the time that comes out we will be on like 15.5 FW.
    WOw, hope we can crack that...
    I really would like to know how much it's selling for when it's released...

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    The ipods I believe have a miniature hard-drive in them, which is where the PSP falls short. Memory Sticks, while nice (and not so cheap) do not have the long track record as HDs do.

The PSP could easily fit a 2.5" laptop hard-drive inside and still maintain its sleak design. And some of those are up to 160 megabytes.
    no because a hard drive like that requires a external power source, then they would have to modify the fw to support a hard drive... 32gb seems around 2008-09ish to me. I'm still w8ting for my 4 gig to come which was 99$.

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post

no because a hard drive like that requires a external power source, then they would have to modify the fw to support a hard drive... 32gb seems around year 2008-09ish to me. I'm still w8ting for my 4 gig to come which was 99$.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information