Thread: Virtual Console Hacked or Not ? - Rumour Time

Blog Entries

Rev Virtual Console Hacked or Not ? - Rumour Time

Whoah this may piss Nintendo off, cant verify this works or not and in no way shape or form is anyone to post links to downloads or sites with downloads but this could be an awesome way to get into the system for homebrew, heres the info posted from the hacking:

Needed:
    - Nintendo Wii
    - SD Memory Card
    - Saved Channel *Included*

Instructions : Access your SD card and place the file named 'private' onto the drive. Take the card out of your system and place it in the Wii. Navigate to your Wii memory management settings and find the section that is labeled 'Channels'. You will find two tabs inside, one for your Wii and the other for the SD card. Select the SD tab and you will find the saved channel present. Copy it to your Wii and you will be done.
    If you enjoy it, purchase it yourself. Wii did!

So is this the way in for Homebrew on the Wii lets see where this hacking takes us or is it a load of rubbish, let us know via comments.

This does not work at all. The Wii chanels are signed to your machine. I have tried to get these to work, but they dont. I want to buy them but my wireless internet wont work on the Wii

Yeah, I've downloaded and tried it, too. This definitely does NOT work. There is no hack here, its simply a copy of someone's virtual console game. Since they don't work with other consoles, and this copy has not been modified in anyway, its completely useless expect to whoever it is that actually purchased this particular copy.

This file was obvious uploaded by a complete amateur that had no idea Nintendo implemented DRM into its VC games.

Im not gunna come to the Wii homebrew scene,

Don't wanna risk breaking my toy!

DCEmu Newbie

I can also confirm that these do not work...

totally fake i saw this about a week ago

DCEmu Regular

I did my testing with them. Downloaded a bunch from bittorrent places and picked one that I really wanted anyway, and purchaced it with my Wii points. SMB64. Anyway, if you look at it with a hex editor, the only things in plain text are at the bottom of the files. in 2 places you'll see a number like ( NG043392a7 ) . If you edit the file to show that number (get the number you need from a file you downloaded yourself with the Wii), it will show up on the data management on the Wii! Problem is that it will just error out when you copy it over. I did a comparison of both files (my SMB64 and the downloaded one) and they are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT! Except for a couple of lines towards the bottom, almost every byte is different. It will take a bit for someone to figure this out. The whole file is encrypted, probably with your Wii number plugged into some algorythm that someone will need to figure out... nevermind. I won't even pretend to know how to get it done :P

BTW... 200 posts and still a rookie? I'm pretty seasoned here, I'm just old enough to know not to post anything if you have nothing good to say or constructive to add...

250 post and it will change...

Thread Information