Thread: OOTP director having the time of his life

Blog Entries

Default OOTP director having the time of his life

David Yates, director of the fifth Harry Potter film, spoke in a new interview about what direction he's putting the movie in. Yates' prestige has increased in the UK after producing hits such as Sex Traffic and The Girl in the Cafe, but it has been questioned why someone who makes "gritty, hyperreal socially conscious films" is directing Potter. Producer David Heyman answers that question, saying, "Well, this movie is bit of a revolution."

Yates had this to say: "The ministry is this bureaucratic authoritarian regime trying to impose a fundamental doctrine on this liberal wacky school. The ministry isn't very good at accepting the beauty of differences. Everything has to fit in a box, and if it doesn't fit, it must be removed. The wonderful thing this story tells kids is that it's OK to be different."

OOTP presents Harry with his toughest experiences yet, and that's what Yates is focusing on. "I've stretched Dan quite a bit. He's a very intuitive person, very bright, quite sensitive. I'm just helping him wake those things up. You can see his determination and ambition, and he can switch things on a sixpence, so I can't wait for people to see what he's achieving."

Thanks to Roger and Andrew for the tip!

haha, :rofl:

thanks for tell wraggster

Thread Information