Thread: ta-082 2.71se-c reverse devhook and a stupid question

DCEmu Newbie

Default ta-082 2.71se-c reverse devhook and a stupid question

i know that you cant have a 1.5 firmware on a ta-082 psp but why could you not install 2.71se-c via reverse devhook using a 1.5fw emulation?

like i said probably a stupid question but hey, worth asking if you dont know eh?

mine is already on se-c but i bought my missus a ceramic white one and (stoopid me) didnt check if white ones were ta-082 and she wants to play pacman and sonic on it, that way i get mine back.

any replies welcome.

DCEmu Newbie

just had a thought.
    i know a downgrader needs kernel access but would you need it to overwrite 2.71 with 2.71se-c? think i am going to probably answer my own question in saying yes but i cant even program the damn video never mind anything else

Nah, you can't overwrite it without kernal access. The emulated 1.5 is running purely off the memory stick.

I thought there was once a way to downgrade a TA 2.71 by changing to 2.6 then running the softdown. I suppose the softdown stopped because it was too risky....

DCEmu Newbie

Nah ookm stopped doing them because of all the crap he was getting via email calling him names and stuff which is a pity coz hes up there with the best, anyone who can make a "modchip" deserves respect (if your reading Ookm have i grovelled enough for a softdown? )

there must be something someone hasnt thought of and whats the betting its sooo simple

The only option you have is to either use HEN (homebrew enabler) or one of the eloader/xloader programs. Unfortunately the TA-082's have somehow managed to block firmware downgrades beyond 2.5.

Thread Information