Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firmware Updates

Default Firmware Updates

Has anybody else held off on the firmware updates in hope that we will soon see an exploit? It's hard for me because of the demos that I can't download. When the GTHD demo comes out I will have a tough decision on my hands.

i wouldn't upgrade over some demos.

i mean look how good things turned out for patient PSP owners.

I will slap you if you upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457 View Post
    Has anybody else held off on the firmware updates in hope that we will soon see an exploit? It's hard for me because of the demos that I can't download. When the GTHD demo comes out I will have a tough decision on my hands.
    yup...that is the same deal im looking at right now...ever since i got my PS3 it came with 1.10 i think...i never up graded because of that hope of seeing some exploits...ahhaha but dang im a raceing game fan

I just bought a PS3 today. It's version 1.10. And I'm definently not updating. (I've already warned everyone in my family not to touch the Network Update Icon) I'll be damned if I'm gonna wait around for downgraders this time. (I learned the hard way with PSP :P)

DCEmu Legend

I updated. Yeah yeah I know it was stupid. But we heard long ago that Sony is developing a Developing Platform to make games and programs that run from the XMB. (It was on here a few months back; but EVERYONE on the forum seemingly missed it, even though I made a huge deal about it... Or maybe people didn't care...)

DCEmu Newbie

yea, um, if you reformat your PS3 it wipes all the updates that you've downloaded (i think) so I don't see what the big deal is. as long as you don't buy a new ps3 with the new updates already preinstalled, I don't see what could be the problem.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by keyrat View Post
    yea, um, if you reformat your PS3 it wipes all the updates that you've downloaded (i think) so I don't see what the big deal is. as long as you don't buy a new ps3 with the new updates already preinstalled, I don't see what could be the problem.
    The firmware of the PS3 itself is already flashed to the PS3 after running it. So formatting the HD doesn't get rid of them. It does however, get rid of game updates.

Go ahead and update to whatever firmware MotorStorm requires. But thats it. :-)
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Nowhere and everywhere at the same time...

any1 who wants hombrew can update as far as they want, its gonna b like psp, one software purchase will allow all homebrew, YDL. it will be the liberty city of ps3... im just praying it comes out in uk... (prays silently)
    i didnt kno bout the dev kit, that was interesting...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information