Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: donations?

DCEmu Newbie

since I am still waiting for th unit to arive...
    does that mean you ordered one already?

Supposenly, someone from India ordered a unit for me.. but , according to that person, the shipping method does not provide a tracking number...
    So I am going to wait for a few more days, dismissing that claim...

DCEmu Newbie

Sounds a little sketchy...last thing I bought from India was a trumpet for $1 from ebay, terrible quality but hey, can't expect much for a dollar.

I guess it'd be pretty sweet if you got one for free, then you could buy a bunch of beer to help the reverse engineering process. Because beer always helps engineers.

I got the GPS unit today!
    Thank you very much to all contributers, especially generous folks from Bangalore who donated not only the entire unit but the MAPlus software...
    Your generocity and help exceeded all expectations..

You can track the gps usb development progress at psp section of ps2dev.org forums.
    So far it seems that we already found a few things like how to get time, number of satelites, etc..

And yes, I do have a few extra bucks, which I can return, spend on beer or towards other GPS HW devices.. ;-)

DCEmu Newbie

Thats awesome news! Good luck with everything Deniska.

DCEmu Newbie

Great news!

Have fun

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I got the GPS unit today!
    Thank you very much to all contributers, especially generous folks from Bangalore who donated not only the entire unit but the MAPlus software...
    Your generocity and help exceeded all expectations..

You can track the gps usb development progress at psp section of ps2dev.org forums.
    So far it seems that we already found a few things like how to get time, number of satelites, etc..

And yes, I do have a few extra bucks, which I can return, spend on beer or towards other GPS HW devices.. ;-)
    All the Best buddy....... Lets crack the nut !

well, people,
    your contributions and efforts have made the difference...
    I released the beta version with gps-290 support today...

Again thank you very much for your help...

DCEmu Newbie

You made short work of that, nicely done Deniska.

You mentioned that the gps-290 is pretty slow to secure satellites, and drops the connection a fair bit. I was gonna get one for sure, just cuz they're pretty slick lookin, but after reading some posts i dunno. Which would you rely on, the gps-290 or the holux gpslim? the holux just happens to be on sale at ncix.com, so the price difference is even less that it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by w00blyn View Post
    You made short work of that, nicely done Deniska.

You mentioned that the gps-290 is pretty slow to secure satellites, and drops the connection a fair bit. I was gonna get one for sure, just cuz they're pretty slick lookin, but after reading some posts i dunno. Which would you rely on, the gps-290 or the holux gpslim? the holux just happens to be on sale at ncix.com, so the price difference is even less that it was before.
    Holux (236 and probably 240) defenitely has better sensitivity, so if you don't mind soldering a couple of wires I would go with Holux...
    As to start up time of PSP-290 - I think there is a way to make it under 1 min for most of the situations... but again, reception quality would not make it a reliable tool (at least for my unit and probably my location - some people seem to have better experience.. so it could be difference in quality of the unit, since this thing is made by some chinese company...:-)

Perhaps some minor adjustments to the unit would increase the sensitivity. Perhaps moving it away from PSP (with extension cable) could make a difference... I hope someone would continue on that path and reports..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information