Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which DS Flashcart is Best ? Slot 1 or the Boot/SLot 2 Combo ?

Blog Entries

NDS Which DS Flashcart is Best ? Slot 1 or the Boot/SLot 2 Combo ?

It seems that Slot 1 DS Flashcarts are now all the rage but which are the best , are the Slot 1 carts better than the Boot Carts/Slot 2 Combos or is the idea from Supercard where the Slot 1 acts as a Boot cart the best idea ?

Give your verdict Via Comments

I personally think Slot-2 devices are currently better, mainly because they can simply do more, i.e GBA games and more homebrew.

The Slot-1 device are simpler though, with no patching of games required, ad no Boot device needed.

I reckon the best will be to have both a Slot-1 and Slot-2 device (M3 Lite + M3 DS?) where the Slot-1 device can use the Slot-2 device for GBA compatibility and extra storage, but dosn't rely on the Slot-2 device for normal NDS homebrew and games. i'll keep my fingers crossed :-P

DCEmu Newbie

what i want to no is can i get a supercard lite and a supercard slot 1 and play GBA on my DS but running the games from the micro SD in the slot 1? its hard to explain

DCEmu Rookie

Which DS flashcart?

Slot 1's (will) let you use the gba slot for rumble/memory & any future expansion packs nintendo has in mind, plus no need for boot device.

Slot 2's let you load up both nds and gba roms/brews.

depends on what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom29 View Post
    what i want to no is can i get a supercard lite and a supercard slot 1 and play GBA on my DS but running the games from the micro SD in the slot 1? its hard to explain
    No this won't be possible, the GBA slot (Slot 2), and GBA processor, have no access to Slot 1.

If however you have a supercard lite, when used on its own, you'll be able to run GBA from slot 1 using the SCL micro sd.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm thinking about getting the Supercard Lite/Superkey combination. Seems like the best config to me, but I haven't tried it yet.

Right now I think slot 2 combos are the best because they're the most compartible. Slot 1's are going to be like MMD for a few monthes becuase they have to make them compatabi;e. I have noticed that the MMD is getting more and more accepted in the homebrew comunity
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

DCEmu Newbie

Wouldnt slot 1 devices be better on battery life.

PS is that HaloDS avatar for real??..

DCEmu Rookie

Slot1 is a better solution for those of us who don't care so much about GBA homebrew (who needs slow SNES emulation with no sound and low-resolution, blocky Meteos video?) and who want to easily swap the flashcard between non-flashed DSes.

And also, the Slot1 flashcards finally make DS homebrew as simple as GBA homebrew is. One card to keep track of, and no booting a special card or flashing your Ds.

I like GBA homebrew, and I like being able to actually use DSLinux for more than 10 minutes without crashing, so I prefer slot-2 devices with onboard RAM.

I would guess that now that slot-1 devices are out, products like the Supercard Rumble series and the M3 Pro series are probably going to fade away. Normal Supercards and M3 Perfects will probably remain popular though due to their GBA support.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information