Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opera coming to the Wii very shortly?

Blog Entries

Rev Opera coming to the Wii very shortly?

via palgn
    Spanish Site Meristation is reporting (in Spanish, but don't worry - we did the translation) that the Opera Browser will be coming to the Wii on December 23, the only catch being that it will be in Beta Form.

To cover ourselves, there's also a slight possibility that the Beatles will be performing at the Opera on December 23, but we're pretty sure it's the former bit of news. The beta version will have flash but it seems that we'll be waiting until March for the final version of the browser, which will be available for free until June.

Awesome I was just wondering when the browser would come out. I cant wait.

will the broswer just be avaivable for uk, us, jp or for every country? i hope i'll get the browser too...because i'm living in germany

Cool dont worry.

Quote Originally Posted by 8b!T View Post
    will the broswer just be avaivable for uk, us, jp or for every country? i hope i'll get the browser too...because i'm living in germany
    I cant say for sure everyone will get it on the 23, But im sure everyone that has a wii before june will have a chance to get it for free :thumbup: and with any luck, the 23rd will fix up everyone

ok i hope so...

the german nintendo page says that the downgrader will release tomorrow xD, so on the 22th december, maybe your getting the browser as well tomorrow

Default I hope so :D

Quote Originally Posted by 8b!T View Post
    the german nintendo page says that the downgrader will release tomorrow xD, so on the 22th december, maybe your getting the browser as well tomorrow
    Ive been wondering about the browsers functionality.
    Id love to be able to moderate the forums from my wii :thumbup:

I tried it on the psp, and even though its cool to be able to do that. it simply takes too long to type a decent reply on the psp virtual keyboard.

But I believe the wii's point and click keyboard will be much faster

Thumbs up stright from nintendo.com.

Starting Dec. 22, Beta version lets users surf the Web on Wii

Nintendo’s wildly popular Wii home video game system not only revolutionizes how people play games, but it also entices new people into the world of gaming. On Dec. 22, Nintendo and Opera Software bring the Internet to the living room couch with a free beta version of the Opera Web browser. Wii owners who are connected and have activated the Wii Shop Channel can download a free beta version of the Opera browser to activate the Internet Channel of the Wii Menu and begin surfing the Web.

“This newest Wii Menu channel provides yet another feature to draw non-gamers in,” says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “All kinds of people already have discovered that Wii is like nothing they have ever tried before, and our red-hot sales reflect this public enthusiasm.”

“Our software brings the power and reach of the Internet to the hottest video game system available,” says Scott Hedrick, Executive Vice President, Devices, at Opera Software. “Wii’s unique interface adds a new dimension to our browser, making it a useful tool that the whole family will enjoy operating with ease.”

The final version of the Opera browser will be available at the end of March 2007, and will be free for all Wii owners to download through the end of June 2007. After June, users who haven’t already downloaded the Opera browser can go to the Wii Shop Channel to download it for 500 Wii Points.

The Internet Channel provides an optimal Web browsing experience on people’s home television. The Adobe Flash-enabled beta version of the Opera browser puts the Internet right onto owners’ television screens and lets them browse with ease, enabling them to check sports scores, plot maps or visit their favorite Web sites.

Multiple family members can gather around the television to plan a vacation or make online purchases. The pointing abilities of the Wii Remote allow users to click on links they want to see or to zoom into any part of the screen through the motion of the controller. In addition, the Wii Remote can be used with an on-screen keyboard to make text entry as easy as point and click.

The Internet Channel joins the four already-live channels: Disc Channel, Photo Channel, Mii Channel and Wii Shop Channel. The Forecast Channel goes live on Dec. 20 and provides current and future weather information that can be accessed using a text list of cities or by using the Wii Remote to zoom in on a 3-D interactive globe. Weather information is provided by Weathernews. The Internet Channel, Forecast Channel and Wii Shop Channel are available at no charge, though they require Wii owners to have a high-speed Internet connection. For more information about Wii, visit Wii.com.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information